Mods are God!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
According to Robert !

No - it is customers who are gods ? and customers come in many sorts ? Real estate, advertisers and users !
I guess that is why DR1 has been deleted form the BBC and the British Embassy chooses not to publish details of its Twitter page on DR1

Moderators are not gods ? customers are !

Olly

CoreyH

Mar 5, 2010
I've never had a problem with the mods; always been treated fairly. I agree that they, on the whole, do a good job and it is one that they do for free. I also understand and agree with what Olly is saying. A moderator should be making sure that the rules and etiquette of this site are being followed. Their opinion should be seperate, it shouldn't carry any more weight than anyone else's. They shouldn't be moderating opinions, only the the way they're presented. Just my opinion.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I guess that is why DR1 has been deleted form the BBC and the British Embassy chooses not to publish details of its Twitter page on DR1

Whatever...

yawn.jpg

British Embassy: I think you need to go back and read what you wrote. What we publish on DR1 is down to us, not the British Embassy. I'll be sure to send Steven (Ambassador) an email and add them to my own personal Twitter account.

BBC: Scroll to the bottom.
BBC News - Dominican Republic country profile

I suggest you PM me if you have issues with the way DR1 is run, as opposed to creating new threads that get closed, or worse still, deleted.

Closed.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I've never had a problem with the mods; always been treated fairly. I agree that they, on the whole, do a good job and it is one that they do for free. I also understand and agree with what Olly is saying. A moderator should be making sure that the rules and etiquette of this site are being followed. Their opinion should be seperate, it shouldn't carry any more weight than anyone else's. They shouldn't be moderating opinions, only the the way they're presented. Just my opinion.

Let me add...

Mods have always had the freedom to set the theme and tone for the forums they moderate.
If that includes their opinion, so be it.

The quickest way to have your head lopped off on DR1 is by messing with the mods.
It's always been like that and will always be like that.

They do an amazing job and I support them 100%.

Mods are God!

Status
Not open for further replies.