Cab Drivers

u000bnd

May 4, 2011
something strange happened to me while i was in the Santo Domingo.
i meet a cab driver set up at my hotel. Over 2 days he took me to several places in the Colonial Zone. While we were in Santo Domingo Este he needed a propane refill for his car. so at the entrance to the gas station he dropped me off and after he filled up on the way out he picked me up. I thought it was odd. i watched the fill up from the entrance and noticed nothing unusual. Of course after i asked why all i got was mucho problemo. Can anyone tell me what that was all about?

belmont

Bronze
Oct 9, 2009
He didn't want you stuck in the back seat when his rusted, un-pressure tested tank with a leaky fill valve was being filled.

NotLurking

Bronze
Jul 21, 2003
Sto Dgo Este
He didn't want you stuck in the back seat when his rusted, un-pressure tested tank with a leaky fill valve was being filled.
As I understand it, the regulation is that when a car is being filled it should be off and no passengers should be in the car. But like most things Dominican, the regulation is overlooked and usually never enforced or complied with.

NotLurking

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
They always ask to step out when refilling, I've sat in a couple of times and the cab fills up with gas, not a good time to have a smoke!