Steel cap boots and hard hats. Who sells them?

oriole100

Bronze
Oct 9, 2005
We bought steel toed Timberline boots at the Hatian market in POP. I think $30 US. If you know someone to send them to you on the bus, may be worth it.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I'd look in Americana.

Robert, call a contractor friend. They'd be able to tell you.

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
We have bought steel toe boots at payless on elconde, and hard hats from from SOS

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
I have a friend who works @ the factory in Santiago and they dont have a company store. That is bull.

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
We have bought steel toe boots at payless on elconde, and hard hats from from SOS

currently wearing a pair of steel cap boots made by rugged outback bought on El Conde santo domingo Payless for rd1,200 several other people where I work have also bought their work boots there for around the same price. So far have had a good selection of sizes. and the boots are wearing well.

Last edited:

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
currently wearing a pair of steel cap boots made by rugged outback bought on El Conde santo domingo Payless for rd1,200 several other people where I work have also bought their work boots there for around the same price. So far have had a good selection of sizes. and the boots are wearing well.

arent Payless shoes 100% plastic? Your feet must stink wearing those things in the tropics?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i think it's la pulga, no? city center, up the street from caribe bus, almost at the top of the hill.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Problem resolved. Got all the stuff I needed at Americana and the boots at Payless :)

Thanks to those that responded here or contacted me direct.

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Problem resolved. Got all the stuff I needed at Americana and the boots at Payless :)

Thanks to those that responded here or contacted me direct.

Good for you because I don't think you'll wear an used pair from the Haitian market, aids Haiti receive from the rich nations...

JJ

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
We bought steel toed Timberline boots at the Hatian market in POP. I think $30 US. If you know someone to send them to you on the bus, may be worth it.

Haiti is prime dumping ground of counterfeits...
They are exactly like the real thing, but buyer beware! The quality is nowhere near the real McCoy!

China's manufacturers that worked for several labels and companies like Timberland's, keep all the gear used to fabricate the upper and even complete products. They're able to create the identical item with ease, just like if it had been an order from the label house. The thing is the matrix labels will only send them the raw materials as per order from their own secured supply channels, and the materials used on the replicas are nowhere near the real deal.

Haiti is the mothership of counterfeits! If it can be copied and sold as the real thing (quality be dammed), Haiti is the place to send it to. Even before the quake and aftermath, Haiti keeps also getting counterfeited goods from legitimate sources that donate the seized goods, only to see their donations resold on the Haitian blackmarkets bypassing the intended beneficiaries.

To put it even simpler: Hardly any label or international brand can be said to have a licensed vendor/retailer in Haiti today!

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
I got a P89961 Nitrogen steel toes boots from CAT last Saturday US $79. as they was 30% off.

JJ

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
Take a look know it all Mens - Rugged Outback - Steel Toe Work Boot - Payless Shoes

look like plastic to you.

There is a label inside the shoe usually on the tongue but definitely inside the shoe that says "This shoe was assembled from all Man made materials." then it usually says "MADE IN CHINA".

Even in your ad it says right there the last sentence, man made materials.

Man made materials is code for not real leather but plastic. And I read feet will stink into that.

There is a REAL difference between a Red Wing, a Timberland, a 3M work shoe and a Payless shoe.

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
That is exactly what I brought today!

Mine says leather and man made material, made in Thailand.
Leather uppers and man made sole, well made, light and comfortable, plus only RD$2,000.

I would take all that with a grain of salt. What is comfortable on the day you bought them may not be the case in 2 weeks or so. I go through these shoes like nothing and I am skeptical about Payless shoes.

Last edited: