Reserving and Paying Rental fees By Wire Transfr?

MsOtis

Jul 17, 2011
Is this the usual protocol in DR? I'm concerned about the lack of protection. Do property vendors not regularly accept credit cards or PayPal transactions? What about cash security deposits? Is this normal?

jrjrth

Bronze
Mar 24, 2011
Is this the usual protocol in DR? I'm concerned about the lack of protection. Do property vendors not regularly accept credit cards or PayPal transactions? What about cash security deposits? Is this normal?

It is normal recourse for rental transactions, however most utilize paypal as well...ask...they may very well offer this as well, some also do Western Union too....

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I rented through a listing on DR1, they took a deposit of $400 via Paypal, and we paid the rent in advance, in US Dollars/cash, when we arrived. After we left they refunded the $400 deposit via Paypal

AE

MsOtis

Jul 17, 2011
Bealocation is the site I'm interested in booking through. They only accept wire transfers. I know they advertise here, is that enough validation that they're reputable? Anyone use them before? My bank is asking how legitimate they are.....

Chuck T

Banned
Nov 30, 2010
Bealocation is the site I'm interested in booking through. They only accept wire transfers. I know they advertise here, is that enough validation that they're reputable? Anyone use them before? My bank is asking how legitimate they are.....
Ms. Otis , is your bank not capable of determining if Bealocation are legit ? Just a thought

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009

Bealocation in Las Terrenas is legit. They have been in LT for a while, are well known.
I contacted them 2 years ago, but they are too expensive for my taste and I have now better contacts :cheeky:

MsOtis

Jul 17, 2011
@ChuckT, they checked to see if the company has been flagged (it hasn't), but the gentleman helping me suggested more of an independent confirmation of legitimacy. He couldn't appreciate my 'I researched them on the internet' answer.

@Africaida, I see you teasing me! LOL Thanks for the confirmation :)

I wish they'd take PayPal, the bank fees are high! Western Union is $1 more.

Last edited:

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
The condo where I live once used wire transfer, but for a number of years only PayPal.

JuanDolioLiving

Sep 7, 2010
Wire transfer is better and safer because you can always reach the person or company that you transferred the money to. Other services are too complicate it and the owners of the apartment rather have the money wired into their bank accounts then haven't to wait and filled out paper work applications go to another location to receive their funds.