Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BEWARE the prices - Gas Station Punta Cana

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default BEWARE the prices - Gas Station Punta Cana

Hi - just want to give heads up - when you need to fill up at new gas station in Punta Cana - they will automatically fill up with premium - I didn't even have a chance to get out of car and say "regular". Anyway in my small car - it was $75 US. So the second time I had to fill up - when the guy was furiously waving his hand for me to move my car his way - I stopped him in his tracks and yelled regular - it was about $30.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Difference only = 16.10 RD$/Gallon

Quote Originally Posted by jeb321 View Post
    Hi - just want to give heads up - when you need to fill up at new gas station in Punta Cana - they will automatically fill up with premium - I didn't even have a chance to get out of car and say "regular". Anyway in my small car - it was $75 US. So the second time I had to fill up - when the guy was furiously waving his hand for me to move my car his way - I stopped him in his tracks and yelled regular - it was about $30.
    Not possible, if it was (más ó menos) the same amount of petrol:
    Inicio * - MIC

donP

3. Likes Tamborista liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeb321 View Post
    I find it hard to believe "High Test" is double the price than regular, but thanks for the heads up on watching the ladrones at the pump.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm,
    I do not believe there is that much difference. $30 to $70, I do not think so. The regular is not suitable for most vehicles because it is imported leaded gas. American imports should always use premium just as I do in my Jeep. My Dominican friends tell me they never buy regular......
    carib

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

This weeks prices: Gasolina Premium $234.50 Gasolina Regular $218.40
    How does $75 become $30?????

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Are we going to get fixated on the $30 to $75 and discredit the heads up? Lets appreciate the info for what it is and stop nit picking minutia. The op probably filled up the car the first time from reserve to full tank and the second time he probably filled from half tank.

NotLurking

8. Likes Chuck T, Gemcee, badpiece33 liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by carib View Post
    Hmmm,
    I do not believe there is that much difference. $30 to $70, I do not think so. The regular is not suitable for most vehicles because it is imported leaded gas. American imports should always use premium just as I do in my Jeep. My Dominican friends tell me they never buy regular......
    carib
    Regular is NOT leaded.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know of any refineries that still produce leaded gasoline, at least not in the USA, all cars run on unleaded fuel be it regular or premium however, several are adding ethanol now.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck T View Post
    I don't know of any refineries that still produce leaded gasoline, at least not in the USA, all cars run on unleaded fuel be it regular or premium however, several are adding ethanol now.

Not dead yet, still used somewhat, in these countries..........

1. Myanmar (Burma)

2. Algeria

3. Iraq

4. Afghanistan

5. North Korea

6. Yemen

Post Thanks / Like

You mean the new Shell on the Bulevar Turistico between the airport and Bavaro? One of our neighbours suspected they'd sold him very poor quality petrol at that station - best avoided as much as possible.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast