surgery in DR

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
well, i am scheduled to have one a day after tomorrow. should i prepare for last communion or it does go smoothly, normally? i am a bit worried...

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
thanks, manu :)

doctor says i need to stay the night. i think it's because he does not want to rush when grafting my organs before releasing the body in the morning. in case i make it, does anyone know if i can park a car in clinica union overnight? :)

NotLurking

Bronze
Jul 21, 2003
Sto Dgo Este
they be cutting out a mioma, fibroid, in english, i think....
dv8, although you can be ummm...harsh. I wish you the best speedy recovery. That said... The procedure you are having is common here in DR. Well at least it is common in my family and most of my cousins and my wife have had this type of surgery preformed with good results and quick recovery. I'm happy to inform you that non have died of such a procedure :) Godspeed and much good luck.

NotLurking

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
Que te mejores muy rapido!
You will do fine.
Get your antibiotics, keep your incision clean and dry....infection is the biggest problem in DR. If you can find some hibiclens, shower with it 3 times before going to the hospital focusing on the area where the primary incision will be.
You'll be fine!!

SHALENA

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
thank you all :)
yeah, i hope it shall be easy peasy, thats what my doc says. i do not know if hibiclens is available here - never seen it - even if i did i have no idea where exactly the cut will be. my workers tell me i am gonna be cut like a fish, all the way to my neck :)

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
I have some hibiclens, used when I had to keep my newly healed leg wound clean, in my apartment in Atlantica. Do you want me to call my landlord to get it for you? You'd have to pick it up, of course.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Fibroids can grow back. I wish you the best of luck. My son had one removed on his wrist and so far it's been sucessful.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
thank you, grace, but the cut is tomorrow so i won't be able to pick it up. and afterwards i'd only need embalming fluid :)

Chuck T

Banned
Nov 30, 2010
thank you, grace, but the cut is tomorrow so i won't be able to pick it up. and afterwards i'd only need embalming fluid :)
I got embalming fluid but you gotta pick that up too so might be too late by then ? but good luck anyway. lol

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
I am thinking about having a colocscopy at HOMS in Santiago especially after reading the story of the poor guy who had his prostrate removed and they missed a cancer. Anyone had a colonoscopy at HOMS or in the DR? Wondering how expensive and how it went.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i am back home, feeling somehow weak. the operation was a lot more invasive than expected as mioma significantly grew in size. i shall report my hospital adventure tomorrow :)