question about Vacunas for puppy

JessicaRabbit

Sep 21, 2009
Hi everyone!
So i got a puppy :) My dream came true in the shape of little Pomeranian.
I got him with record of vaccinations, but it seems like they werent done properly, i mean re-vaccination is missing and shots are made in wrong turn. So here is what we got:

Pom born 7 may 2011

1 shot - Hipradog 7 (D. H. L. P. PV. B.) 28/06/11
2 shot - Hipradog PV (PV.) 18/07/11

What do you recommend to do and when? Start all over again or just do re-vaccination with same Hipradog 7 or there are better vacunas?
We have many dogs around where we live and i cant wait till i can take puppy out, so i wanna be sure he is protected.

I never had a dog so i am quite new to all this.

JessicaRabbit

Sep 21, 2009
Thanks acira but it doesnt make it clear for me still... as we have some shots done already i just need to know if they will work or not and i have to start all over again (because there was no re-vaccination 2 weeks after first shot), or just make that 2nd shot and it will still work even though it was made later then 2 weeks after 1st one. Plus i need to know what vacunas they use here in DR. If someone can make it clear for me please!.....

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
Your pup had its re-vaccination for Parvo so that can wait for the next until it is six months old.

I am not a vet but I would wait for another Hypradog 7 for at least two months (heavy stuff to get as first vaccination) and concentrate on the Rabies vaccination to be given around the 13th week, that's one you do not want to skip.

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
Congrats on the "new addition". I don't want to sound nasty, but why not just ask your vet? you should get the pup to one anyway.

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
Congrats on the "new addition". I don't want to sound nasty, but why not just ask your vet? you should get the pup to one anyway.

Not wanting to sound nasty either, but is a good thing she asks, as a lot of the local vets here know next to nothing. They will give a pom exactly the same dosage as a great dane.

So she should also tell us where she is located, so people here can tell who is a good vet.

Jan 17, 2009
Jessica,

Are you still in Cabarete? Dr. Bob (in Sosua) is excellent. He's out for few more weeks, but after that, he's your best choice in the area.

JessicaRabbit

Sep 21, 2009
Yeah in Cabarete still :) I asked here because Dr.Bob is out and 2nd opinion can be also valuable. About dosage... well as far as i know vaccines are given same dosage to any size of an animal ( i mean if it is vaccine for dog it shud be given full doze no matter of the size of the dog, same goes for cats, rabbits etc.).
About ignorance of vets - example right there - 1st vaccine was heavy one Hipradog 7 instead of Hipradog PV, made in wrong order.

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
I can recommend Veterinario De La Cruz, right across from the El Choco restaurant and on the side of the German Butcher.
He speaks a little bit of English but is very good in sign language.
Don't be put of by his apparent kind of distant attitude at first. He has a real heart for and immediately bonds great with dogs and he is a real professional.
He managed to win the confidence of our male Malinois who is very wary of strange people as he is trained as a security dog. When he had a very nasty cut on his leg, he managed to treat it without any sedation and the dog had complete trust in him. Not a feat that I have seen many veterinarians accomplish with a Malinois.