Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where to buy antibiotics and other "non" prescription drugs in Punta Cana area

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Where to buy antibiotics and other "non" prescription drugs in Punta Cana area

I am looking for somewhere to by antibiotics over the counter as well as what other drugs can be purchased nonprescription legally in the DR. My comparison is to Mexico where there are many that can be purchased over the counter.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Never has problems buying antibiotics over the counter anywhere.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

La farmacia

SHALENA

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

if you're in Cortecito / los Corales, there's a pharmacy in el Dorado. I needed Advil on my last visit and was able to get prescription strength 800 mg. there.

5. Likes Tamborista, jrjrth liked this post
    Dislikes belmont disliked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Where will you be? But wherever, you can buy antibiotics in any pharmacy, both those approved for sale in the US plus those being widely used in Europe but not yet in the US.

If one pharmacy doesn't have what you want, try another. They don't all have everything, so sometimes you have to check around.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    If one pharmacy doesn't have what you want, try another. They don't all have everything, so sometimes you have to check around.
    Pharmacies will often check around for you, get what you need, and deliver it to your door.

It's a good idea to establish a relationship with a pharmacy the same way you establish one with a cambio.

8. Likes Rattus_Rattus liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Be sure you know the generic name for the drug you want. Many brand name drugs in the US are available in generic form in the DR. But, as many pharmacy clerks are not pharmacists, they don't know the generic equivalent if you ask for the much more expensive brand-name drug.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by belmont View Post
    Be sure you know the generic name for the drug you want. Many brand name drugs in the US are available in generic form in the DR. But, as many pharmacy clerks are not pharmacists, they don't know the generic equivalent if you ask for the much more expensive brand-name drug.
    The pharmacy I use in Sosua has a thick book indicating, amother other things, other names that a brand name drug is sold by. If necessary, they can check the book. I would think all pharmacies would have such a book to get the generic equivalent, or at least the larger pharmacies.

If you tell us where you will be shopping for meds, perhaps someone can suggest the best source in that location.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

belmont - I was just curious why you marked my post about the pharmacy in el dorado with a "dislike"? Not that it really matters, or that I care all that much... but I don't understand why offering accurate information in reply to a question would bother anyone!?

12. Likes jrjrth liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CaptnGlenn View Post
    belmont - I was just curious why you marked my post about the pharmacy in el dorado with a "dislike"? Not that it really matters, or that I care all that much... but I don't understand why offering accurate information in reply to a question would bother anyone!?
    I don't blame you for asking. I read your post and don't understand, either, why anyone would object to it. Seemed to me it was a well-meant attempt to provide useful info to the OP.

14. Likes jrjrth liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast