I Believe We Should Have A New Forum On DR1."Off Topic Platinum"...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
ONLY "posters" WITH 5,000 Posts,or MORE,would be allowed access!
That would eliminate all but the truely dedicated DR1ers.
Those of us with true insite,not only to the DR,but to the entire WORLD,and some of us to the entire Universe!!!!
We will have a "Secret Sign" to give when we meet other DR1ers,so we would only discuss "Certain OFF Topics" with other Platinum Posters.
What we post would be "invisable" to non-members,so they won't always be "whining" about not being able to participate,without,"Paying-Their-Dues"!
I hope that all 5,000 plus posters will support this effort!
Wouldn't it be nice to not have to see anymore,"How Much Does It Cost To Live In The DR?" posts?
Or,"How do I send Money To My Boyfriend At The "AI" in Puerto Plata,His Mother Is Sick,(AGAIN!) and needs a second heart transplant!? Or the ever popular, "How do I get a Visa to Canada For My Boyfriend"? I already put $1,000 in his bank account in the DR,but He Says The Canadian Embassy says He Needs $3,000"!?
I just had this idea sitting on the beach in Wellfleet Ma. You know,no "Vendedores","Perros Salvajes","Masajistas","Haitianas Hair Braiders",Loud Music,Putrid Water,Restaurants,Bars,No place to park,in short,"CIVILIZATION"!!!!
And GREAT SEA FOOD TOO!!!!!
Lobster Rolls to "Die For"! "Steamers" Oysters,"Blues","Stripers",Mussels,Tuna,"Sweet Corn" Too!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCcc

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
From Falmouth, MA, where I am at present, waiting for my son to finish grilling fresh sword fish steaks, I give my support for your proposal. How many box tops do I have to send in order to get the badge and secret handshake?

Chuck T

Banned
Nov 30, 2010
CCCCC I want to join the platinum club I am wise beyond my many years and have a niece that graduated Smith. I had taco skillet tonight ( no fishies) I don't have the 5000 points required but i figure if you can collect a few extra pesos from other platinum heads we can hustle Robert with a bribe and btw, he got means ta sneak inta yer secret meetins. I got that straight from John Kerry( the catsup guy)

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
No need for a "Sweater" today,P-Town is very H-o-T DURING THE SUMMER! Just like "Fire Island"!!!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

May 12, 2005
No need for a "Sweater" today,P-Town is very H-o-T DURING THE SUMMER! Just like "Fire Island"!!!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

I believe that it is flaming hot.......................

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I don't know what all the fuss is about, we already have an ELITE club on DR1.

You don't know how to access it?

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
Are you to get down to P-Town to see the sights?

Provincetown can be confusing.

When you cross from Truro into Provincetown the road forks, Shore Road on the left Route 6 on the right.

The sign in the middle says "Provincetown, Either Way" :confused:

granca

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
The man's mad! There is a big difference between posting just for the sake of posting in order to build up your numbers and posting something which might help or is at least non facetious.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
The man's mad! There is a big difference between posting just for the sake of posting in order to build up your numbers and posting something which might help or is at least non facetious.
True.

I find a members first-ever "is my boyfriend a sankie" post especially helpful...:cheeky:

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
I sort of agree with granca. IMO there's a certain value to "substance" in posting, as opposed to some members who toss out hundreds of posts consisting of maybe several words and no worthwhile "content". Obviously no method of membership valuation can be perfect... so we go with what we have. Maybe I'll arrive at the magic "500" way behind some other members who's posts are prolific in numbers, but it's not about being in a "race", it's really about adding value to the community. (Hmmm... maybe factor in "likes"??? Nahhh... then we'll have folks bartering "likes" votes, and we'll be just like eBay! ;-)

Britcouple

Aug 13, 2009
If anyone is THAT desperate to be a member of the '500' club why not just write 'I Agree' on 500 other posts and hey presto... instant membership!!!!!!!!!!!!! may take you a couple of minutes extra for the 'Elite' club though! :Bunny:

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
If anyone is THAT desperate to be a member of the '500' club why not just write 'I Agree' on 500 other posts and hey presto... instant membership!!!!!!!!!!!!! may take you a couple of minutes extra for the 'Elite' club though! :Bunny:

What he/she said :cheeky:

Britcouple

Aug 13, 2009

Maybe this should be a 'sticky' hehe

Status
Not open for further replies.