Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Default For Orange Flybox NetHogar users "only"

Good morning fellow DR1ers.

I noticed that it is now the 3rd month that I don't have my Internet speed downgraded to the slow speed of 384Kb/s.

I am a Orange FlyBox HetHogar user. I have the 1OGB plan, meaning that I enjoy up to 7.2Mb/s download speed until I reach my monthly quota of 10GB, which usually happens in about 10 days (I noticed I use roughly 1GB/day).

I automatically get debited of 1907RD$/month.

I get the "good speed" renewed every 16th of the month. I usually go to "slow speed" around the 27th of the month...

However since the month of May, I am getting the "up to 7.2Mb/s" speed for the whole month...

It usually means between 2 and 5 Mb/s, which is still the fastest in the island, for that price...

My question is :

Do you fellow Orange Flybox NetHogar users share the same experience/privilege ???

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

No, we have the full plan with supposedly full speed all month for which we pay around RD$2000 a month.Sometimes its very fast, I have not tried to measure the speed, othertimes it is abysmally slow practically unuseable. In between, like today, its just slow like our satellite connection used to be. I have complained but Orange insist all is well and it should be working well. I have noticed, when passing, that they often seem to be doing some work on the mast. I don't know the solution so if you have any bright ideas they'll be welcome. We live in Las Terrenas, a bit on the fringe area and have to have an external antenna although it was not supplied by Orange.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I live about 80 meters from the Orange cell phone tower, that might explain my good service...

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Speedtest.net says download is 2.19 and upload .20, it says with Comcel SA based in Oranjestad, Setar NV. None of which makes any sense to me. It now tells me 2.00 mbps hosted by WindTelcom Santo Domingo. I'm lost!

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I guess I am back to normal (maybe the Orange folks are reading this thread )
    See that:

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

At least, I had 2 "free" months with unlimited speed (june & july)

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by granca View Post
    No, we have the full plan with supposedly full speed all month for which we pay around RD$2000 a month.Sometimes its very fast, I have not tried to measure the speed, othertimes it is abysmally slow practically unuseable. In between, like today, its just slow like our satellite connection used to be. I have complained but Orange insist all is well and it should be working well. I have noticed, when passing, that they often seem to be doing some work on the mast. I don't know the solution so if you have any bright ideas they'll be welcome. We live in Las Terrenas, a bit on the fringe area and have to have an external antenna although it was not supplied by Orange.
    Orange has a big problem with their flybox itself. We also experienced what you did, and were first told to reset the modem (if you look at the lights, the reset button is on the right hand bottom of the right hand side). This worked, but we had to do it a couple of times a day. Then we were told to change the password on the modem, which also worked for a bit. In the end they replaced the modem, and problem solved. I was told by them they have quite a lot of faulty modems. Hope this helps.

8. Likes latitude19 liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

What is the most economical plan for flybox monthly??and they say you can use up to four computers at the same time.How far from the box approxcan you have the computers?

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

You can use 4 computers, no problem. I haven't tested maximum distance yet, but have gone further then 50 feet, and the signal having to go through the outside wall. I believe the most economical plan is the 5 GB plan which is around 1000 pesos. Strangely enough I at first paid 1907 rds for the 10 GB, and at the moment only pay 1604 rds.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by granca View Post
    when passing, that they often seem to be doing some work on the mast. I don't know the solution so if you have any bright ideas they'll be welcome. We live in Las Terrenas, a bit on the fringe area and have to have an external antenna although it was not supplied by Orange.
    Granca
    Could you elaborate some on where the Orange masts are in Las Terrenas, if they are all of the broadcast capability and a bit about your external antenna? Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast