Today's Speedtest of Delancer/Comcast Internet...

HumbleHindu

Jan 14, 2010
I am having severe problem with my internet since yesterday. It breaks very often and I i have the 1.5 MB plan. Is this the case all over?

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
Just now i am getting 3.17 Down and 1.53 up using the Orange fly box.
Paying 1/2 the price of de Lancer

Bob K

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
Flybox per month is +/- $1900RD a month and that is for 10 gig down. That is exactly 1/2 of what I was paying de Lancer for a terrible service. I am not sure the 10 gig will be enough and if not we can upgrade for about $2900RD ( I belive that is the amount but I may be off a little) and that would be for 25 gig download. It was an 18 month contract for us which is good and bad. A long contract but also a long time with no price increase.
So far very happy with it. However you have to have a decent Orange signal to get it.

Bob K

encuentro

Jan 7, 2011
Delancer Got really bad the speed very slow and it takes a long time before your queue request gets resolved.
Looking for better ways, Any suggestions? Codetel does not serve the area I live in.

Gordon

Jan 24, 2011
So envious
I am in Abra Grande (outskirts of Las Terrenas) and if I get 3G signal at all it is just enough for email at times. I forget the name of the provider but Sergio in town services it. And I connect direct to the main antennae for the valley as I have the highest roof in the area. I also have a Claro stick I take with me and no longer even try at home it has such an unreliable reception.

amerikano

Feb 5, 2010
cobraboy, yes this is from florida. but it is a (MODIFIED) modem which i carry with me all over my travels includind dr and i simply hook it up with a simple splitter wherever comcast provides and get sometimes better results than that. as simple as that.

amerikano

Feb 5, 2010
cobraboy,
needless to say that this modified modem when you hook it to the right providers the cost is very cheap, extremely cheap. it is FREE.

amerikano

Feb 5, 2010
to all people in this forum:
i have been looking at this forum from time to time, rarely i comment or participate. i can tell that there are many more knowlegeable participats than me internetwise.
as it is in this thread, i noticed that many of you are complaining about the high cost of internet and the lack of services and results.
here what i have for you, but unfortunately i am not going to sell or make any profit out of this, simply i don't need the money.
all i want is to help these folks who are desperate and manipulated by those greedy providers.
here's the details of this pre modified modem, its up to the individuale to decide.

What can you do with this PreMode modem?

The firmware on this modem reveals the hidden features of the modem and adds many more to it and makes a regular modem into a magical one. This allows you to get the most out of your modem and internet connection. To access the modem's status and configuration, connect it to your PC and type http://192.168.100.1 in your browser's address field. Using this modem you can set any of the default configuration values, including the HFC MAC address, boot configuration and TFTP IP address

This premod cable modem has been tested to achieve the speed of download=20 mbps and upload=2 to 4 mbps It is to assume that you know what you are buying and how you can use it. These pre-modded modems are NOT to be used maliciously or illegally or fraudulent activity of any kind.

Gordon

Jan 24, 2011
is this an early christmas present? my son is a programmer that could have worked anywhere he had access to reliable and speedy internet. I tried and tried to get him sufficient speed so he could stay and work but he had to leave and finally went to Uruguay. I heard so much BS and lies from providers locally. The already knew they were unable to provide the level of service compared to what they sold.

i still do not understand
I use an adapter to receive wifi signals from a router that is tied directly to a 3G antennae. How does modem talk help me?

amerikano

Feb 5, 2010
modem talk? whats modem talk? sorry i don' get it.
again i'm not selling it but i have it and i use it wherever i go providing with comcast or associates.
one time payment and thats ittttttttttttttttttttttttt.
guaranteed it work.

Gordon

Jan 24, 2011
I am fairly computer challenged. Sorry. I think I get it now. You have to have a cable modem and cable provider to have this work for you?

amerikano

Feb 5, 2010
yes gordon,

you definitly have to have comcast or associate, i forgot the name of that associate i use at thre dr but i go always to the same hotel who has it and i conveniantly and deliberatly and most comfortably use it for the duration of my stay.