Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default in Santo Domingo centro

out of all the neighborhoods in Santo Domingo centro,which ones are best for family setting and amenities close by and convenient(schools,good clinicas,supermarkets,etc.)?????????

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

You can't say that. It is impossible. Every nice area has a Barrio on the next street. You need to follow your finances in the Capital, that will direct you better than anything. Zona Universitaria is super safe, probably got more security than any other area of the city, but is expensive and has little else other than that. Nothing has it all, it is a very very dense city. Sh1t, gold, bentleys, bangers, whores, pops stars, *****restaurants, street vendor dog burgers, police, paedo's, drugs and hospitals will all be on your doorstep more or less , where ever you live. You just have to take the best of what is important to you and live amongst the crap that isn't.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

well said,thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Anastacio View Post
    You can't say that. It is impossible. Every nice area has a Barrio on the next street. You need to follow your finances in the Capital, that will direct you better than anything. Zona Universitaria is super safe, probably got more security than any other area of the city, but is expensive and has little else other than that. Nothing has it all, it is a very very dense city. Sh1t, gold, bentleys, bangers, whores, pops stars, *****restaurants, street vendor dog burgers, police, paedo's, drugs and hospitals will all be on your doorstep more or less , where ever you live. You just have to take the best of what is important to you and live amongst the crap that isn't.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

but yet is very hard for me to believe,that there's no good neighborhood in DR surrounded by other "good neighborhoods"
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc dad View Post
    well said,thanks

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nyc dad View Post
    but yet is very hard for me to believe,that there's no good neighborhood in DR surrounded by other "good neighborhoods"
    There are many in the DR just not in SD as Anasta said.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I live in Julieta Morales, behind the Bravo and Multicentro.

I think its safe. Safe for me means walking around during the day and just before dark, leaving my iron door open when I sleep (the car gate and building door locked). Using my phone outside, walking my dog, etc.

I guess the areas behind me aren't so great (Pricemart area), but I've had no reason to head in that direction so I really don't know...

Two cents given

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RV429 View Post
    There are many in the DR just not in SD as Anasta said.
    So where then ?

Post Thanks / Like

Just off the top of my head: Mirador Sur, Bella Vista, Mirador Norte, Cacigazcos, Evaristo Morales, Julieta, Naco, Piantini, Seralles, La Esperilla, El Vergel, La Julia.... none of these really fit Anastacio's description and are generally better neighbourhoods than Zona Universitaria.

9. Likes EverythingJeff liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I knew it!!!!

That is anywhere in the world,if you live in a decent neighborhood,there has to be a least one or two others in the vicinityQUOTE=Chirimoya;994529]Just off the top of my head: Mirador Sur, Bella Vista, Mirador Norte, Cacigazcos, Evaristo Morales, Julieta, Naco, Piantini, Seralles, La Esperilla, El Vergel, La Julia.... none of these really fit Anastacio's description and are generally better neighbourhoods than Zona Universitaria.[/QUOTE]

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah, La Esperilla is really nice, I stayed there for 6 months in an apart-hotel. Good times!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast