Amenities in Sosua, North Coast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuck Riley

Aug 2, 2011
HI Guys,

Chuck here,

Im thinking strongly about a vacation is Sosua area but need to check a few things out before I book up.
When I go on vacation i like to know my home favourites will be closeby, you see I dont travel all that much.
I got everything i need in Texas for the most part.

The things i would like to know i can get there are

"1 Real good stake and chips and tabaysco sauce
"2 Cheese Burgers and Fries
"3 PIZZA & Ice cream (European standard)
"4 Air con

I want to know i wont have to walk far to my room or condo with lady friends i am almost 300 pounds.

thanks

Chuck

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
1 & 2: no, i am told there is nothing like american steak or burger, also fries in DR are not so great
3: yes and yes
4: yes

pizza in DR is not so bad, i think, we even have pizza hut and dominoes (not is sosua, thou, but in nearby puerto plata). i am no so familiar with sosua but cabarate has one of the best pizza places i have visited, pommodoro, i believe.
dominican BON makes great ice-cream, they have shops all over the country. in sosua i think there is one at texaco station? am i correct? good quality, clean.
dominicans are crazy about A/C and they put it everywhrere they can, no problem.

as far as steaks, burgers, tobasco, bbq sauce and fries: expats still miss those foods so i guess it ain't easy top find them. but then i am not expactly familiar with sosua so i am sure someone is going to point you to the next best thing :)

Chuck T

Banned
Nov 30, 2010
when dv8 speaks, you better listen she is RD food expert and this comes from much trial and error ( me thinks) lol

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
Chuck , you might want to consider staying at Terra Linda on Dr Rosen . It has its own restaurant - Steak and Sirlion which boasts imported USDA steak but at a price! Sos?a-News - Restaurant Guide Watch the checks too there. Across the road from it is Di Colores a take out Pizza place that does really good Pizzas and delivers in El Batey area. Sos?a-News - Restaurant Guide

The alternative place to stay would be New Garden also on Dr Rosen, which is more Chica friendly than Terra Linda. It is just up the road from Terra Linda so still close to the Pizza place and Steak and Sirlion but almost right next to the Bon Icecream on the corner of Dr Rosen and Alejo Matinez near the Cel phone tower.

Any of these hotels are a short walk to Pedro Clisante and there is another good pizza place called Ol La Vache that also does take out and has an excellent wood fired pizza oven. Sos?a-News - Restaurant Guide

The main action in Sosua is just a short walk away on Pedro Clisante and Alicia Beach is also very close and has its official opening on 5th this week.

HTH Olly

Chuck T

Banned
Nov 30, 2010
300 pounds and you want everything close by ? and keep women in the room ?? lol maybe you need a moto chair or better yet import women to texas and stay there............what kind of BS is this crap ?
and PS. Oily you sure are a big help. lmfao

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
You might get lucky and get a good steak, but I disagree that you will get a good pizza in Sosua or Cabarete.

bri777

Bronze
Sep 11, 2010
There is plenty of average/above average weight people around also
have fun Chuck T
Manu

DMD53

Jun 8, 2011
Well I'm sure somewhere in town one can get a fantastic goat steak and tounge?

Chuck Riley

Aug 2, 2011
300 pounds and you want everything close by ? and keep women in the room ?? lol maybe you need a moto chair or better yet import women to texas and stay there............what kind of BS is this crap ?
and PS. Oily you sure are a big help. lmfao

Yeah how about you export yourself out of my darn thread.

Chuck Riley

Aug 2, 2011
1 & 2: no, i am told there is nothing like american steak or burger, also fries in DR are not so great
3: yes and yes
4: yes

pizza in DR is not so bad, i think, we even have pizza hut and dominoes (not is sosua, thou, but in nearby puerto plata). i am no so familiar with sosua but cabarate has one of the best pizza places i have visited, pommodoro, i believe.
dominican BON makes great ice-cream, they have shops all over the country. in sosua i think there is one at texaco station? am i correct? good quality, clean.
dominicans are crazy about A/C and they put it everywhrere they can, no problem.

as far as steaks, burgers, tobasco, bbq sauce and fries: expats still miss those foods so i guess it ain't easy top find them. but then i am not expactly familiar with sosua so i am sure someone is going to point you to the next best thing :)

Thanks so much DV8, hope there is a bunch of people like you in Sosua

Chuck Riley

Aug 2, 2011
Chuck , you might want to consider staying at Terra Linda on Dr Rosen . It has its own restaurant - Steak and Sirlion which boasts imported USDA steak but at a price! Sos?a-News - Restaurant Guide Watch the checks too there. Across the road from it is Di Colores a take out Pizza place that does really good Pizzas and delivers in El Batey area. Sos?a-News - Restaurant Guide

The alternative place to stay would be New Garden also on Dr Rosen, which is more Chica friendly than Terra Linda. It is just up the road from Terra Linda so still close to the Pizza place and Steak and Sirlion but almost right next to the Bon Icecream on the corner of Dr Rosen and Alejo Matinez near the Cel phone tower.

Any of these hotels are a short walk to Pedro Clisante and there is another good pizza place called Ol La Vache that also does take out and has an excellent wood fired pizza oven. Sos?a-News - Restaurant Guide

The main action in Sosua is just a short walk away on Pedro Clisante and Alicia Beach is also very close and has its official opening on 5th this week.

HTH Olly

What a great reply Olly the terra linda place sounds nice and close by. and near the beach too.

Thanks

Chuck R

Status
Not open for further replies.