Basic vocabulary for setting up house

MaineGirl

The Way Life Should Be...
Jun 23, 2002
amity.beane.org
Hello there, I would love some help. Basic vocab for setting up house?

Shutters/Shades
Curtain rods
Water stand for large water bottle
Picture hangers
Paint for typical cement wall

I know I will have more questions about household vocabulary.

Been messing up my Spanish today. Must be the heat :)

Put this in living, probably should be in Spanish 101.

Any help welcome.

jrjrth

Bronze
Mar 24, 2011
Persianas / cortinas
Las barras de cortina
Agua de pie para botella de agua
Soportes de imagen
Interior Laytex Pintura

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Hello there, I would love some help. Basic vocab for setting up house?

Shutters/Shades Persianas/cortinas
Curtain rods Varas de cortinas
Water stand for large water bottle Maybe : Botellero?
Picture hangers "Vainas para colgar cuadros" <=slightly uncouth but they will understand you at the hardware store
Paint for typical cement wall Pintura de agua para interiores

I know I will have more questions about household vocabulary.

Been messing up my Spanish today. Must be the heat :)

Put this in living, probably should be in Spanish 101.

Any help welcome.

No problemo, we are here to assist you in any way possible.

You will have to "dumb down" your vocab.

HB

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
you can also say claves para colgar cuadros, even thou technically they are not claves :)
whenever i do not know the word i describe what i need, it works well in ferreterias because they never expect a woman to know anything about the manly stuff ;)

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
If you have concrete walls you will need to buy the plastic anchor "tarugo", screws "tornillos" and more than likely the correct size drill for concrete "mecha para concreto".

If it's wood I would ask for "ganchito para montar/colgar cuadro"

Last edited:

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
"claves" are keys as in issues or problems or key people.

You mean "clavos de cemento" but I would not recommend them. They leave huge holes.

They do sell the ones that have adhesives on the back, and these might work.

HB

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I find the high humidity causes the adhesive to "Let Loose".
Here is a "TIP". Use those "
"Clavos",when you want to remove them,screw in,half way, a screw large enough to "grab" the "clavo" then use a claw hammer to pull it out. A little "Masilla',patching compound,and paint!
"Mejor "K" Nuevo!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

sush

Mar 9, 2011
Persianas / cortinas
Las barras de cortina
Agua de pie para botella de aguaSoportes de imagen---- Agua de pie is feet water eww hehehe
Interior Laytex Pintura

Agua de pie is feet water eww hehehe; i dont think people will clearly understand that phrase, i will call it botellero o "Soporte para botellon de agua"
Botellon - is the large bottles that drinking water comes in at the supermarkets or any colmado.

jrjrth

Bronze
Mar 24, 2011
Agua de pie is feet water eww hehehe; i dont think people will clearly understand that phrase, i will call it botellero o "Soporte para botellon de agua"
Botellon - is the large bottles that drinking water comes in at the supermarkets or any colmado.

~wow I suppose when you break it down like that it is not so nice...but my translation of it would be "Water Stand"...I guess its all in the translation...lol

~For Chips phrase of "el coso para agarrar el botellon de agua" ....I would translate that to "the ring to grab the water bottle".....but again its all in the translation...:bunny::bunny:

jackichan

Bronze
Jun 23, 2011
Lol y'all need some spanish check. If you find yourself using alot of 'posible', and 'de', you need to get Rosetta stone. 'Posible conoce el calle de pequina de izquierda de santo domingo'?? Lol

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Lol y'all need some spanish check. If you find yourself using alot of 'posible', and 'de', you need to get Rosetta stone. 'Posible conoce el calle de pequina de izquierda de santo domingo'?? Lol

Rest be assured after you finish the Rosetta Stone course with flying colors you'll be able to call and order all the rice, bread, chicken and beer you need from the local colmado but too bad you won't understand when they ask you where it goes. :)

jackichan

Bronze
Jun 23, 2011
Rest be assured after you finish the Rosetta Stone course with flying colors you'll be able to call and order all the rice, bread, chicken and beer you need from the local colmado but too bad you won't understand when they ask you where it goes. :)

You right about that. Speaking and HEARING'um out is totally different lol