Codetel internet installation

tink23

Jul 15, 2008
On average, how long does it take for the codetel people to come and install a home phone and internet? I'm in Puerto Plata and was quoted 1-5 business days. Today is the 6th day. Just wondering how long of a wait I'm ACTUALLY in for as they haven't called yet to arrange a time or see if there's anyone home.

Thanks.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
On average, how long does it take for the codetel people to come and install a home phone and internet? I'm in Puerto Plata and was quoted 1-5 business days. Today is the 6th day. Just wondering how long of a wait I'm ACTUALLY in for as they haven't called yet to arrange a time or see if there's anyone home.

Thanks.

It varies. Sometimes same day, but not unusual to be late. To be safe, you should call to be sure your job is on the schedule and at same time find out when the work will be done.

tink23

Jul 15, 2008
Their customer service is just ridiculous. Yesterday morning they called 3 times to say they're coming tomorrow (as in Today). Each time someone new called they had zero clue that someone else had already scheduled. Today rolls around, no one shows. A call is put into Codetel and they say "Oh, well we were busy today. We'll get around to it tomorrow." The freaking PHONE COMPANY can't make a phone call??! Not to mention, today was already 3 days past the maximum amount of days they said installation would take.
Not holding my breath for tomorrow either. Usually I let the general lack of customer service in this country roll off my back, but both codetel and edenorte know how to play on my last nerve!

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
double check the receipt, the day you paid and day of installation should be different. I was told 1-4 days, I had a phone line in 4 days but the internet connection took 2 weeks. Don't bother with CS it will drive you mad.

hovhannes

Aug 4, 2011
Ok if you want thee truth here it is

Remember the joke How many newfies does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

Well here it's how many days does it take to screw in a lightbulb!

Don't worry they will come by the way it helps if you take a box of chocalates to the one helping you!

Food for thought have a great day

sush

Mar 9, 2011
well !... Once i waiting 15 days for them to SHOW up at my place... 2 weeks passed before i had connection i went there got my money back due to them not being able to provide in the time they said... got banda ancha - with the usb 3g, 2041.00 every month 30 minutes to get the internet going.

GOOD LUCK

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Welcome to the Dominican Republic. If you live here long enough you will become immune to the concept of Customer Service.

tink23

Jul 15, 2008
Again, they said they were coming today, again they didn't show up or call. What a waste of 2 days. I think I'm going to go tomorrow and cancel... maybe look into that Orange wireless stick thing.