Mar 3, 2005
Cabrera
www.villa-castellamonte.com
Business: Villa Castellamonte
Date Aug 2, 2011
Position Title: Maintenance Engineer
Duration: 1 year
Start Date: September 1, 2011

Since 2002 when it opened, Villa Castellamonte has been one of the most highly regarded ultra-luxury vacation homes in the Dominican Republic. A key reason for the high accolades showered upon this villa is the exclusive, professional staff who cater to the needs of the owners and guests when they are in residence. Our team-oriented staff provide exceptional guest services in a tranquil yet luxurious environment and are dedicated to the complete satisfaction of our guests.

Supervisor: General Manager

Duties:
* Respond to all maintenance requests in a timely and efficient manner
* After hour on-call availability if an issue arises, including weekend and holidays
* Schedule and complete work order requests in a timely, priority manner
* Maintain all mechanical and electrical areas in an orderly, clean and safe condition
* Inspect public areas daily for any issues
* Pool and Spa chemical testing and balancing
* Repair or supervise repair of plumbing, electrical, air conditioning, ventilation, furnishings, fixtures, painting, power generation, windows and doors
* Develop and maintain comprehensive preventive maintenance program
* Maintain accurate and current records for maintenance performed including periodic and non-routine activities
* Negotiate best possible pricing with service vendors and parts suppliers
* Maintain security and safe operation of all tools, equipment manuals and parts
* Other duties as assigned by Supervisor

Working Conditions:
* Position is full-time, 8 hours per day w/1 hour lunch except for on-call situations
* Environment is an ultra-luxury vacation home with full maintenance area, tools and equipment
* You must be able to remain on your feet most of the time, except during breaks

Employment Requirements
* Self-motivated, independent, creative, team-oriented, passionate about doing the job right
* At least two years construction, repair or maintenance experience in hotel, condo/apartment or other large residential structure
* References from reliable past employers of maintenance skills
* Experience in plumbing, electrical, painting, air conditioning and power generation
* Ability to work flexible shifts, holidays, weekends, and nights depending upon Supervisor instructions
* Independent, problem-solver able to rapidly evaluate situations to determine speedy course of action for resolution
* Ability to perform heavy work - exertion of over 100 lbs of force may be necessary as well as carrying over 50 lbs of weight from time to time
* Bi-lingual Spanish/English including writing
* Excellent guest service and communication skills
* Must be pleasant, friendly and have a positive attitude towards work and co-workers
* Must live in and/or near to Cabrera (Maria Trindad Sanchez), have own transportation and be available with short notice

Villa Castellamonte offers highly competitive compensation packages reflecting the expertise and experience brought to the position. Our compensation is a base hourly wage plus a percentage of gratuities, paid vacation, paid health insurance, available bonuses and a warm, friendly work environment.

You are not replacing anyone...you are augmenting the existing maintenance team which is the best group!

PM me and I will inform you of where to send detailed resume and salary history.

jason2010

May 5, 2010
hi,i am very interested in your position please send me your email address and i will post you my c.v. kind regards, jason.

belmont

Bronze
Oct 9, 2009
jason2010,
Just a friendly hint for responding to employment advertisements.

When the employer says:
PM me and I will inform you of where to send detailed resume and salary history.

It doesn't display a very good ability to follow directions when you answer:
hi,i am very interested in your position please send me your email address and i will post you my c.v.

FYI, to send a PM click "private messages" above and then click "send new message".