lost cedula/?stolen

Nov 10, 2010
Hi
I have lost my cedula in another country (not in the DR)

My DR lawyer wants to charge me $300us to have it replaced.

What is the cheapest process i can do to get a new replacement cedula and possible costs. I am located in the sosua region.
can i just go into a office and say i lost it an get a new one???

cheers

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Yes, just go to the office and tell them it is lost, my lass lost hers a while back and just went down, waited for an hour and got a free one issued, simple. It is a free replacement, for natives anyway, you might have a small charge as you may not be native but only a fw hundred pesos I'd have thought, not hundred dollars, thats just silly.

HumbleHindu

Jan 14, 2010
First go to the Policia Nacional and ask for the Carta de Denuncia. Take that letter to the Cedula office for the foreigners. Just pay the fees and you will get the duplicate cedula in 10 minutes.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
First go to the Policia Nacional and ask for the Carta de Denuncia. Take that letter to the Cedula office for the foreigners. Just pay the fees and you will get the duplicate cedula in 10 minutes.

I think thats right... you need to report it lost / stolen to the Policia and then you file that report to obtain a replacement.

niceguy

Aug 6, 2011
i have just found this thread.
i have lost my cedula too and i am going to santo dom tomorrow to get my permanent residency card. After getting my residency card
what office and complete address should i go too to get a replacement card... hope you can help

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I am not sure whether it is the chicken or the egg...

However, since you are so lost:
Avenida Luperon entre 27 de Febrero and Romulo Betancourt. On your right as you go towards the sea. There are flags out front about 300 yards from the big traffic circle.

HB

niceguy

Aug 6, 2011
hi Hilly billy
is this the JCE office.

What will be on the front of the building.... (JCE is obviously an acronym)?

niceguy

Aug 6, 2011
hi again
thanks for the reply

i plan to go to this office and say i lost my cedula
what floor do i go too in this building
i will have my permanent residency and passport
do you see any problems, my spanish is ordinary
any thoughts??????

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
You have been advised to go to the Police and report the loss and get a copy of the Lost Cedula Report.
This is what you take to Extranger?a of the Junta Central Electoral (look for freakin' flags, sheesh!)

You need someone to hold your hand?

HB

Nov 10, 2010
You have been advised to go to the Police and report the loss and get a copy of the Lost Cedula Report.
This is what you take to Extranger?a of the Junta Central Electoral (look for freakin' flags, sheesh!)

HB

You need someone to hold your hand?
you did not advise niceguy at all to go to the police to report the loss, i must say you are inordinately irritable on occasion. Robert should keep you on a leash. Tip for you, lay off the booze and do something about your pmt

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005
Yo God. Go pay the RD 11,400 to the lawyer. If you live in the DR and can not figure out or ask someone you know how to go about getting a new cedula then you deserve to pay gringo prices. I see you are a people person from your last few post.......