Fishing Rod

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeb321

Bronze
Dec 12, 2008
Hi - can someone (Mike?) please advise where we can purchase fishing rods in the Punta Cana, Veron, Bavaro, area? Also any new suggestions about purchasing fresh fish? Cabeza de toro? Thanks for info - jeb

jeb321

Bronze
Dec 12, 2008
what a jerk of a reply - what are you 3 years old. if you can't answer appropriately - I don't want to hear from you -- stupid!

jrjrth

Bronze
Mar 24, 2011
~You may want to PM MikeFisher...he's busy with tracking TS Emily...you may get answer faster..

jeb321

Bronze
Dec 12, 2008
thanks for your advice - does Mike have special address here? or do I just send to MikeFisher? Again thank you, jeb

jrjrth

Bronze
Mar 24, 2011
Jeb..top left corner of website there is a prompt for a Private message...Just click, open and type his name MikeFisher you will get him...Good luck with you shopping...and fishing....and when you find out let me know where you got both...

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
what a jerk of a reply - what are you 3 years old. if you can't answer appropriately - I don't want to hear from you -- stupid!

He can't help himself, as he afflicted with Cyberectalitis, an inflamation of the muscle that connects the fingers with the anal sphyncter, resulting in nonstop posting on the internet about gibberish.

mido

Bronze
May 18, 2002
ok folks anyone who can't figure out how or where to buy a fishing pole is very suspect to me. anyone who needs to ask the weather man about same is dangerous. You claim I have trouble with finger anal coordination ? give me break here ok. lol:confused:
Well, if you don't know the answer then just don't post. Much better solution than insulting the OP!

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
(even though I have STONG opinion on the subject, I'll side step the bru-ha-ha over posting practices)

to the O.P. -- iirc, I THINK I remember someone posting about fishing gear a while back, (but at my advanced age, memory is iffy... lol)... anyway, my recollection is that you might find what you're looking for in the ferreteria / aka hardware store. There's a big one north of Friusa, (I think), and iirc a big one in Veron too. My guess is that if you're looking for specialized equipment, you'll be better advised by MikeFisher. Hope this helps a little ... just wanted to put something constructive out there. To double check me, do a search for "hardware" on the forum search tool. good luck and taught lines!

Last edited:

Adrian

Oct 22, 2003
Jeb and CaptnGlen,

.... I THINK I remember someone posting about fishing gear a while back....

That may have been me. Here is the link:

http://www.dr1.com/forums/living/98613-buy-fishing-rod.html

As mentioned in the link not many Dominicans use fishing rods, they just buy a hook and a reel of nylon thread. I bought my rod in Ochoa in Santiago. I still have never seen any for sale locally on the North Coast, though it may be different in the East of the country.

Adrian

PS. I am yet to catch a fish!

Oct 11, 2010
jeb321,

I don't know exactly what kind of fishing you will be doing, but if you are a serious fisherman I have found it IMPOSSIBLE to find GOOD fishing equipment on the island. I have a boat here on the North Coast and I buy all my equipment in the United States. I know Ochoa in Santiago has some fishing supplies but the quality is really not that good. There is also a small marine supply store in Puerto Plata by the entrance to the port that has some fishing equipment, again not the best quality, but at least basic items available.

I haven't been over to the east coast in quite a while but I would assume by now there is something available. If not, you have the options of Santiago or Puerto Plata.

Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.