modern

nyc dad

Bronze
Jul 28, 2011
Where do you find the more modern apartments in Santo Domingo centro?during my visit I was driving down avenida Mexico and I was astounded by the architecture,felt like I was in downtown Brooklyn.....is that gazcue? Looked on Google maps and it could've been el vergel,gazcue or la yuca???

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Most of that sector was built in the 1950s...Great houses for the faithful..notice as you get closer to the National Palace (Presidential Palace) they seem to get bigger?

Lovely old places..

HB

nyc dad

Bronze
Jul 28, 2011
I was actually referring to the fact that the buildings were very modern and trendy,didn't notice any houses but buildings

johnny

Bronze
Feb 8, 2003
hausenland.com
I was actually referring to the fact that the buildings were very modern and trendy,didn't notice any houses but buildings
That area is called El Vergel and La Esperilla, nice area, but,
The most exclusive Ave. in Santo Domingo is Ave. Anacaona
Here a pic of one the most exclusive Condo Tower
http://
35mmpdx.jpg

Amu

Oct 4, 2010
La Esperilla, Piantini, Los Cacicazgos, Bella Vista, Av.Anacaona, etc, are the ones ur looking for.

belmont

Bronze
Oct 9, 2009
And have no fears, the integrity of Dominican Fire Inspectors is beyond reproach as are the builders following all life and safety building codes.:dead:

nyc dad

Bronze
Jul 28, 2011
wow

Those pics are awesome!!!is that red tower in la anacaona or those areas(vergel,la esperilla)????

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
Santiago has towers too. :)

I know Cabarete was the next area on target for high towers, but the community protested by arguing that it would hinder the surfing tourism due to the towers posibly interfering with the surf wind.