aparta-que???

nyc dad

Bronze
Jul 28, 2011
Alright,so I keep hearing about these apartahotel thing,is it legit,safe,reliable,how does it work,lease,one year,one month,one week? How do you find them,is there a website? Someone in the forum said they stay at one in gazcue,supposed to be gated?....how do you find them in Santo Domingo Centro?

EverythingJeff

Oct 31, 2010
www.facebook.com
they are as varied as you mentioned. I lived in Plaza Florida Suites, in La Esperilla for 6 months, it was basically a bachelor apartment, expect they had a front desk with a clerk and a security guard. Someone cleaned my room everyday, and they had laundry facilities or you could send it out.

The company paid, so I don't know the specifics, but they obviously got a deal for the length of the stay.

Plaza Florida Suites Hotel - Dominican Republic (DR1) The photos here are the "Master Suites"

No website that I can think of strictly for locating those types of buildings.

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
You do know that there is no award for starting the most threads don't you?? LOL

SHALENA

nyc dad

Bronze
Jul 28, 2011
lmao...I know,I'm just addicted to the fact that you can ask anything,you guys are so helpful.you know what it is? this is a big move,I'm not just going out of state but out of the country[ and its not just me but with my lil boys,so I just wanna make sure everything is right...on a positive note,I might get bronze status soon...lmaoQUOTE=SKing;995356]You do know that there is no award for starting the most threads don't you?? LOL

SHALENA[/QUOTE]

nyc dad

Bronze
Jul 28, 2011
thanks much
they are as varied as you mentioned. I lived in Plaza Florida Suites, in La Esperilla for 6 months, it was basically a bachelor apartment, expect they had a front desk with a clerk and a security guard. Someone cleaned my room everyday, and they had laundry facilities or you could send it out.

The company paid, so I don't know the specifics, but they obviously got a deal for the length of the stay.

Plaza Florida Suites Hotel - Dominican Republic (DR1) The photos here are the "Master Suites"

No website that I can think of strictly for locating those types of buildings.

BigLongBeach

Feb 8, 2010
plaza florida looks more like corporate housing than aparta-hotels.

Aparta hotels in my experience are little tourist hotels/hostels that are setup like a studio apartment with a kitchenette. I wouldnt stay in one with my kids. They range from 25$-70/night. You would have to contact them to get a deal.

Google is your friend in this case. They are usually small family run shops and dont know how to leverage the internet

nyc dad

Bronze
Jul 28, 2011
good to know because I have kids...I guess back to the pricy hotel
plaza florida looks more like corporate housing than aparta-hotels.

Aparta hotels in my experience are little tourist hotels/hostels that are setup like a studio apartment with a kitchenette. I wouldnt stay in one with my kids. They range from 25$-70/night. You would have to contact them to get a deal.

Google is your friend in this case. They are usually small family run shops and dont know how to leverage the internet

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
No with kids this would not work. Now please I could be really off on this since it has been a few years but I knew someone who stayed at the Hotel Delta (I know they have changed their name but do not remember the new name). Anyway we went to visit them and they had a suite (they had 2 kids 2 and 5 yrs) and I thought it was ok, nice rather. It was near the Hotel Embajador. I think Ave. Sarasota. Again been awhile but from what I saw back then it really was not bad. Again it has been awhile so it may have changed since then.

Chuck T

Banned
Nov 30, 2010
lmao...I know,I'm just addicted to the fact that you can ask anything,you guys are so helpful.you know what it is? this is a big move,I'm not just going out of state but out of the country[ and its not just me but with my lil boys,so I just wanna make sure everything is right...on a positive note,I might get bronze status soon...lmaoQUOTE=SKing;995356]You do know that there is no award for starting the most threads don't you?? LOL

SHALENA
[/QUOTE]cover up SKY your azz is showin agin. lol

UmSulaiman

Apr 19, 2011
I think it depends on which aparta hotel you stay in. I was just in ApartaHotel Liriocala in Bavaro for a Month (back in the states since yesterday). It was a studio, but had a spacious enough floor plan that if my son (vacationing with dad) was with me, he wouldn't have driven me crazy. I had to leave a deposit before I came, signed a contract, and the deposit was returned when I left. I found it when someone recommended it somewhere here on the forum. When you rent it for the month, they don't clean or provide you with sheets or anything, I think it's different if you rent daily. I knew this, so I just brought my stuff with me. It was $300US for the deposit and $300US for the month. If you wanted AC it was $350 US, but I opted for the no AC. Hope this helps.

BigLongBeach

Feb 8, 2010
i wouldnt say give up on the aparta-hotel idea. The link provided post#2 for plaza florida looks pretty legit in terms of floor plan layout. I would also look into renting a fully furnished apartment or condo. All prices are negotiable. Do lots of research on prices with google so you can have a idea on what most are asking for, and you can use that to start your budgeting.

Apart-hotels in my experience range from 900rd-2000rd/night. unfurnished apartments can be found from the 7000rd-10,000rd range. Furnished apartments from what i have seen are $500-$1500/month.

good luck and keep us posted