Transportation in Bavaro/PuntaCana....does Public transportation exist?

UmSulaiman

Apr 19, 2011
Hey guys.
I will be working in PC but I wanna live in Bavaro as I like the apartment I found in Bavaro better. The issue now is getting to PC everyday. While it is only a 10-15 minute drive, I don't yet have a car...I looked for one, but the prices are outrageous, even for the oldest, beat down cars! I have a car here in the states, but it is an '03, and I heard it's too old to import without paying rediculous fees....I guess the question is, can I just hop a bus? Or is that non existent? Anyone have a car pool or something? :confused:

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Have you asked your employer? They may have their own transport service for employees or a colleague living near you may be open to car pooling. Depending on the precise location of your apartment and workplace, it may not be realistic to rely on the public bus service. Living on the east coast without a car or at least a moped is very difficult, although once you are there and have made friends and got to know your neighbours there may be more scope for carpooling.

mxcutie

Jan 12, 2010
Where will you be working in PC? I know a few people who might be able to carpool with you depending on your work hours...

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
As far as I know, the transportation route for GPC/PCIS staff is from Higuey to PC going thru Veron. Worse-case would be to find a way to get to Veron and then coordinate for pick-up at the gas station. Either way, send an email to whoever in HR is hiring you and they should be able to confirm. Also confirm with them that they're including that option if you're not living on-site as your ID must be marked as having transportation included if that's an option.

KateP
(an ex-PC employee)

jrjrth

Bronze
Mar 24, 2011
As far as I know, the transportation route for GPC/PCIS staff is from Higuey to PC going thru Veron. Worse-case would be to find a way to get to Veron and then coordinate for pick-up at the gas station. Either way, send an email to whoever in HR is hiring you and they should be able to confirm. Also confirm with them that they're including that option if you're not living on-site as your ID must be marked as having transportation included if that's an option.

KateP
(an ex-PC employee)

~Very informative~ Nice.....