Emergency 101

nyc dad

Bronze
Jul 28, 2011
Sooooo,you get to the DR,everything is going great but all of a sudden you brake this and scrap that,Ouch! How do you know you are not being overcharged at the clinic or hospital.I read here,clinica Abreu is the best in Santo Domingo

Chuck T

Banned
Nov 30, 2010
Sooooo,you get to the DR,everything is going great but all of a sudden you brake this and scrap that,Ouch! How do you know you are not being overcharged at the clinic or hospital.I read here,clinica Abreu is the best in Santo Domingo
nyc dad, don't go to clinic, I do most operations in my basement, appendix, set bones , some heart transplants and 2 maybe 3 brain surgery's a year and I charge very little. sometimes Shalena helps me when she can cheat her gringo hospital ouut of some time off, if she is here, we do any type surgery. PS we never use same gloves twice.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
chuck t does not take insurance but a normal clinic will :)
it really does pay off to buy insurance. a clinic will present you with the bill. i never had a problem with dominican private health system but i suggest you do a bit of research to know what meds are you given and why, what procedures to expect and so on. doctors here are not really used to explaining things so you always have to ask :)

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
With my assistance and Women's Health specialty, in Chuck T's basement we can also tie your wife's tubes, or if you didn't so that in time.....we can deliver the baby and for delivery and 3 days in the corner of the basement we only charge 1499rd.....one peso less than La Altagracia!!! Now how can you beat that!!

SHALENA

nyc dad

Bronze
Jul 28, 2011
thanks soooo much

nyc dad, don't go to clinic, I do most operations in my basement, appendix, set bones , some heart transplants and 2 maybe 3 brain surgery's a year and I charge very little. sometimes Shalena helps me when she can cheat her gringo hospital ouut of some time off, if she is here, we do any type surgery. PS we never use same gloves twice.

That gives me piece of mind,but I don't recall basements in DR.??hopefully you have a yard

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009

He switches with her and she switches with him...... voila !!.........new gloves - Dominican style!!

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
Do I really understand the original post??? IIRC I read in one of your billion threads that you're PLANNING to POSSIBLY move to the DR A YEAR FROM NOW, and you're posting a question now WHAT IF there's a random accident of some nature, and you're worried you're going to be overcharged at the hospital... along with adding that you have already learned that Clinica Abreu is the best in S.D.??? REALLY?????? THIS is your question? Why all the random hypotheticals? I understand the desire to learn what you can about your potential new home... but really... most of this stuff is just mental masturbation.

nyc dad

Bronze
Jul 28, 2011
agreed capt
Do I really understand the original post??? IIRC I read in one of your billion threads that you're PLANNING to POSSIBLY move to the DR A YEAR FROM NOW, and you're posting a question now WHAT IF there's a random accident of some nature, and you're worried you're going to be overcharged at the hospital... along with adding that you have already learned that Clinica Abreu is the best in S.D.??? REALLY?????? THIS is your question? Why all the random hypotheticals? I understand the desire to learn what you can about your potential new home... but really... most of this stuff is just mental masturbation.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006

That gives me piece of mind,but I don't recall basements in DR.??hopefully you have a yard

Chuck T's basement is only 6 feet deep!