Is canabacoa stantiago, clase baja, media, o alta??

mrlexx0

Aug 1, 2011
I have a solar in canabacoa santiago and i dont know what the avarage home is going for overthere.. Can anybody tell me how is that area??

mrlexx0

Aug 1, 2011
Really! Can u tell me more about the area? What would make it clase baja and how much are the house being built for overthere? All i know is that it's by the airport..

AJL6767

Apr 14, 2011
Class status is relative..If you think that you are high,high class than everyone else is lower than you. I have met many people of what some would call poverty level that have more class than some rich people i know. If you base your class distinctions based on finances then you are making a big mistake.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
The area is known for its pig farms. In fact, the airport is often bathed in the odour d'porc that comes from the nearby farms when the winds blow the "right" way.
As far as "class" goes, we are not talking sociology here ALJ, we are talking economics and real estate. The area is low class because the people are generally small farmers, or workers, unskilled, in nearby farms or factories. There are no college professors, dentists or lawyers living in the area. There are no business owners living there.
There are some monstrous houses built by persons that went to New York and came back with money but no taste and built their {proof of success+}. That is why is it low class.

Houses of 30 to 100K US$ at the top end of the scale. But most with concrete floors, cinder blocks up to the windowsills and then palm wood up to sheet metal (zinc) roofs. The US$30,000 are little cinder block houses with poured concrete roofs, that are ovens in disguise, but the fact that they do not have zinc roofs is {proof of success}.

Keep the land, Santiago is growing in that direction. It will be more valuable as time goes by. Put up a modest house and save.

HB

AJL6767

Apr 14, 2011
If the designation is related to economics, why not call it an agricultural zone or a blue collar area. This way it casts no dispursions on the indviduals who live there?

Reactions: Grullon

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
AJL, pleaseeeeeeee! let the OP listen to hillbilly. He is right on the money. There is nothing to go and see in canabacoa.
AZB

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
I couldn't have put it any better than what Hillbilly posted!

Keep the property, but just as a future investment thing on returns. This section of Santiago needs what amounts to another decade or two, in order to be worth seeking lines of credit to build up some nice apartment complex!

Santiago is no longer growing sideways, but up! The returns on apartment units can turn a land owner a huge profit, with little risks upfront. Canabacoa is still not to par in creating what this type of complex requires, in order to entice apartment buyers.

Those big houses you see peppered around, would have a very hard time selling at the rates equal houses in other sectors are going for, just due to Canabacoa's current standing.

About class and what not, we're talking RE/economics here, not social status or education...

Like I said, as of today and the mid term future, Canabacoa is considered a clase baja sector!

Bigocean

Nov 25, 2010
Yes, economically low class but agree with other posters, is the direction of Santiago growth.

mrlexx0

Aug 1, 2011
@ hillbilly thanx alot this is the most info i have had.. i thank u for your time on explaining the area to me..