Help needed

niceguy

Aug 6, 2011
Good morning , ive been reading this forum for some time and i find that i really need some help on something. Here is the background

I bought some land just before the deslinde process came into effect
My lawyer (A) obtained a proper title (original) from the seller
i by chance spoke to some real estate people who told me my land was owned by someone else and i should go to my lawyer (A) immediately.
i later noticed that the survey did not match with the land i was shown by the real estate agent i bought it from. That agent has stated he was shown the land to sell by the seller. Despite this land not matching what is shown on the survey

I told my layer (A) about this. She confronted the seller who immediately said he would pay me back. I even have emails from him saying he would pay me back.

I launched legal action based on not receiving something for my money. My lawyer im using said she has discovered that there is NO land and the seller has obtained a FAKE document. The seller has NEVER shown me the land over the last few years .... NEVER.
I have just gone to court and lost as the judge says the seller and my self had a contract and he found it to be correct. Even so i still do not have any land in my possession.
my lawyer said unless the seller shows the land for sale there is NO way we can locate the land via other means/government

Questions
How do i find my land
How do i force the seller to show the land , once he does this if it is not his land we can quickly prove his criminality ( i assume)
My lawyer has found information saying that there really is no land but the court rejected her argument.
we are mounting a second legal challenge
please if someone can help please do

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Caveat Emptor.

Good luck.

Sometimes tuition can be extremely expensive.

If it's Big Bucks, I hire a well-hung, connected law firm and start suing everybody, the agents, the owner, the lawyer, everybody.

Bigocean

Nov 25, 2010
I am very sorry to read about this situation that you are in. Just for info's sake, deslindes have been around a long time, only recently though are they required. However, before the requirement, savvy buyers would require them as a condition of the sale, especially on expensive property or property with potential problems. The survey is not enough. So, I will refrain from telling what you did wrong as this would be "beating a dead horse" so to speak.

I agree with Cobraboy as this is one of those lessons that we all get and I hope that it is not too severe. In reality, you will probably never get anywhere here in the court system in regards to righting the wrong or punishing anyone. Even if you could get some court to rule in you favor, then there are endless appeals, etc. You would spend a fortune on the machinery of lawyers and the legal system and accomplish nothing. I hope the amount is enough that you can just walk away and count this as experience.

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
On the one hand -
If throwing some more money away makes you feel better then sue your socks off.
All that means is more money for the lawyers.

On the other hand -
Fnck these people!
Even if it costs a modest fortune it would be nice to beat their cheating asses and get what is yours.
I am sure with some honest lawyer from this forum and a bit of patience you could work it out.

This scam starts with a dishonest landowner and a seemingly incompetent lawyer and finishes with a hapless Gringo who has been separated from his dosh.
It is a variation on the Sosua Shanghai.