Recommendations for La Romana

AJL6767

Apr 14, 2011
For security and privacy and vast choices for activities I would not reccommend any other place in La Romana other than Casa de Campo.

yb1

Oct 6, 2008
Sorry don't know of any decent hotels in La Romana town. 20 minutes away in the coastal village of Bayahibe there are several large All Inclusive hotels and a few small hotels.

All Inclusives: Dreams La Romana, Viva Wyndham Dominicus Beach, Viva Wyndham Dominicus Palace, Iberostar Hacienda, Catalonia Gran Dominicus, Be Live Canoa
Small hotels: Hotel Bayahibe, Villa Iguana, Villa Baya Hotel
Hotel Bayahibe is clean and reasonably priced and a 2 minute walk to the beach. Double room around 50$US per night incl. breakfast (the website says "p/p" ie. per person, but that's incorrect).
Bayahibe is safe to walk around day or night.

yb1

Oct 6, 2008
In La Romana town there is Hotel River View
Restauracion # 17, La Romana
Tel. 809 556 1181 / Email: hotelriverview@gmail.com

Here's a review from Trip Advisor March 2011: "I just needed a place to stay for a couple of nights as I live in Puerto Plata. This is not a tourist place for luxery hunters but for people passing by. Most visitors are Dominicans like civil servants, military, politicians, local business For only RD$ 1.350 a night (US$ 37) yu have a "clean" room with airco, fridge, cableTV, WiFi, large secured parking and 24 hours coffee. You have a large "clean" bathroom with hot water They do not serve breakfast but you can have breakfast at different locations nearby. Situated in downtown La Romana, close to the Jumbo supermarket, many restaurants, bars ... "

Link to photos + map Hotel RIVER VIEW en La Romana - Republica Dominicana.

sush

Mar 9, 2011
The best thing will be to stay in Bayahibe is a litle far from the city but you will be safe and can get an all inclusive deal so no need to worry about the food, my personal opinion is that there are not too many good places to eat in La Romana i think you will get a nice experience if you go for a day shopping /trip in the city and then see the night life.....( there are some nice discos around the park area) if someone mentions BAJO MUNDO stay away!! :)