Wind Telecom?

Golfer

Apr 7, 2002
Anyone have any practical experience with Wind Telecom's services? They are making a strong push for subscribers for their digital TV and internet services. Does heavy traffic affect the speed of their transmissions? Are they positioned to provide HDTV content? Their prices are very competitive and they boast wide service areas.

jackichan

Bronze
Jun 23, 2011
I got their internet service during the week. They cover only SDQ and STI. I love the speed. This is how i went about it. They had two options. Either get a 18month contract, and they give you an internet box (with one ethernet port), or you can buy the box (about 4500) and you won't have to be locked down to the contract. I bought the box, and i don't regret my decision. Not sure about the cable services, but the contracts go for just a couple of months. I would 110% recommend their services IF YOU ARE WITHIN THEIR HOTSPOT.

Mr.smith

Mar 8, 2011
I know someone that has Wind. He was playing xbox live on the internet. That alone lets me know its fast. The cable channels are ok too. They got a few American sports, news, and movie channels. You can get HBO also.

EverythingJeff

Oct 31, 2010
www.facebook.com
+1.5 for WIND. I've had it for a month, no problem.

A friend go the "mini/travel" modem (I have the plug-in wifi version) and he's liking it.

The fact you are setup BEFORE you leave the store is the best part :)