singer looking for work

rlsinger

Aug 7, 2011
Hi
My performing name is Robert Lee, i am an english speaking 'singer' and will be visiting the DR in late August September for 5 weeks.
I sing the following type of easy listening songs (Fever, Spanish eyes, sway, summer wind, Teddy bear, Black magic woman, leave your hat on, my way, and some Elvis songs). These songs are perfect for afternoon listening
I am looking to pick up some gigs/work for no charge. Why free? I plan to move to the DR in a year or so and am looking to build some work contacts.
I do have a permanent residence card which i will obtain from my lawyer this visit.
I am hoping the people on DR1 can recommend some places that i could sing at on the North coast (POP through to the east of Cabarete. Could you please send me some suggestions (name of business, location, email address, website) I can send a demo of my singing. I sing to backing tracks, i do not play an instrument
The place will need its own PA system, mixer and microphone.

If i have gone against the rules of this website please let me know and i will be happy to reword my request. My simple aim is not to make money but to build contacts .

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Voodoo lounge in Sosua has a jam session on Sunday nights. There is also a Karoake bar in Sosua, but the name escapes me. I am sure another person can help.

Best of luck finding gainful employment in the music business in the DR. It will be VERY difficult.

sush

Mar 9, 2011
where would you be staying? i know here in Juan Dolio they have a restaurant called CON CON I dont know if they are looking for someone to sing - saturday nights- but the guy that usually performs there is not going every saturday as usual so maybe they need someone... i dont know them or anything like that i just go there to eat :)

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
where would you be staying? i know here in Juan Dolio they have a restaurant called CON CON I dont know if they are looking for someone to sing - saturday nights- but the guy that usually performs there is not going every saturday as usual so maybe they need someone... i dont know them or anything like that i just go there to eat :)

Didn't he say North coast?
Juan Dolio ??? No comprendo ??

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Yes he did say POP to Cabarete. Slim pickings no matter where you land in the DR.