Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Need a Stove, should I have one shipped, shop locally or online.

It can be used in great condition. Any ideas?

Post Thanks / Like

Look in the classifieds of the Listin Diario and visit the used furniture places wherever you live.

HB
    Moderator DR1.com

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks big guy, appreciate it. Is Listin a good source?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

is it more economic to import?

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

stoves can be bought in any furniture store all over the country. there is plenty of choice when it comes to size and colour. you'd have to be bonkers to import. unless you are looking for some super fancy special stove do not worry, you can but really good stuff in DR.

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

We bought a very nice stove at La Sirena, good price too. Don't bother importing one, will end up costing much more.

AE

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

where are you? I have a friend selling a brand new stove that he bought but it does not fit in his house. He lives in Bavaro.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

It may be wiser to obtain a stove from the local market vs importing one because there is a better opportunity to obtain service and replacement parts for the local units. Almost every town has a small repair business specializing in appliance service and repair each having an ample supply of new and used parts for local market products. This is not to say that you would not have service and parts for a foreign purchased unit in the DR but it may be costly as you may have to seek service vendors familiar with the unit and have to source overseas for replacement parts.

Regards,

PJT

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

We purchased a stove locally on the north coast and the only place repair parts were available was in Santo Domingo. That is just as inconvenient as importing them for me.

If you are looking for a "local quality" stove, low to low-medium quality, which is readily available in places like Plaza Lama or La Sirena, it is probably better to purchase here. if you are looking for a higher quality stove it would probably be cheaper to import it using a door to door service like Montero shipping who will guarantee a price up front. This will also depend somewhat on where you live in the DR.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Personal preference, really.
    I always prefer to import (via Mudanza) and forego the warranty issues rather than buy whats available in RD.
    I think you get better quality by importing and there should be no tax w/ the right mudanza.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast