New guy here...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bori_1

Aug 8, 2011
Hello guys:

I'm new to this forum but I've been reading the different posts for a few months now and I finally decided to post a new threat and ask for advice. A little description about myself. 29 y/o from PR but living in the States because I'm in the military, financially stable, independent and my fiance is from DR (Santiago). I been helping her out with money to finish a house that she's building there right now and the last time I went on vacation (July) everything was good but since I started sending her $$$ I feel that she only wants to be with me for that. Don't get me wrong I understand how bad the economy is for a normal person there but something doesn't sound right here. When I send the the money every month she acts all sweet and caring but when runs out of it she dont act like that until the next month. The first $$$ that I sent her she ask me if its was ok to buy a computer and a cellphone and I told her to wait and take care of the house first and guess what, she went ahead and got a new pc and a new phone. I got mad but there's really nothing that I could do since I don't live there. Anyways I'm now in Korea for a year and I haven't send her any money yet due to the fact that I still trying to get things set up here first and then worry about other things plus I want to test her and see if she only wants me for the money or what the deal is. We have been together for like 3 years now and since then she ask me when are we going to get married. I don't mind her asking me that question but don't should be the guy the one asking the girl that question? I feel that she acts kind of shady sometimes and don't explain basic things like what she do that her two jobs and why she always stays at the house and don't go out and things like that. She told me a few months ago that her cellphone (Blackberry) died for no reason and I got her an Iphone and when I told her about it she didn't want it cause it wasn't the one that she want it and I'm like OMG if my phone breaks and somebody offers me a new one hell yeah I'll take it. Well I ended up selling the phone and her cousin that happens to live in the US went to DR on vacation and brought her a brand new Blackberry and she ended up selling it to use the money for the "house"... Another thing that I notice is that every time I go to DR she's always taking pictures of both of us and I heard that before a local gets married to a person that is not Dominican they must prove that they have a real relationship and its not a scam but do you really need 100's of pics? She's always asking me dumb questions about my ex's and how good they were in bed and if I still have feelings for them, really?. She used to send me pictures of her all the time and now nothing, not even a single one. I feel that she wants to know everything about my life and I can't investigate things about her past. I really like the DR more than my beloved Puerto Rico and I was seriously thinking about moving there next year and open up a bar but with all this doubts in my mind now I have to put that on hold until I find out what is really going through her mind now. I will really appreciate any comments from you guys, thank you.

Bori_1

johnny

Bronze
Feb 8, 2003
hausenland.com
Univision and Telemundo has some talk show where you can go and solve your problem. Quien tiene la Razon? , Laura , Cristina , Casos de Familia.

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
Dump her, she is malagradecida. Let her try to find some Dominican man to buy her a phone and pay for the building of her house. Geez. Where do you men hang out to find these girls, I need to go there and catch me one of y'all

SHALENA

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Dump her, she is malagradecida. Let her try to find some Dominican man to buy her a phone and pay for the building of her house. Geez. Where do you men hang out to find these girls, I need to go there and catch me one of y'all

SHALENA

Words from the wise ( and not so old ) owl.....

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009

SHALENA

Words from the wise ( and not so old ) owl.....:smoke:

BigLongBeach

Feb 8, 2010
I just got a lot of questions......
do you speak spanish?
are you involved anyway shape and form in the building of her 'house'?
did you see the land?
ask how much the land was?
have you seen the construction?
did you speak to the contractors working on it?
You are paying for all this but the house will be in her name? or both?
Are you seeing any kind of reciepts?
How often do you go back?

I hope she is just being a spoiled, ungrateful brat, and not playing you. Not every girl is a hustler some are just jerks. Do you tell her how you feel about her behavior?

I dont understand why people play a game and do little tests. You are only going to be disapointed by the results. It comes from experience, i have had 2 of these long distance relationships. One i played all the games and got disapointed, and the 2nd she played all the games and got disapointed. If we both just asked questions directly then the relationships would have played out differently.

If you have been with her for 3 years and cannot tell when she lies to you then your at fault. Tell her how you feel about her behavior and what you are going to do (cut her off, lower her allowance, demand more information)

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
From a fellow PR man.

You are being played my friend. Show somewhat of a backbone for our race and run for cover.

Last edited:

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011
The two worst things you can do when having a "relationship" with a Dominicana is 1. To continue to pay 2. Continue paying.
This is the same old song, she is playing you, as the wise and lovely philosopher SKing said, "malagradecida". There may not be a house and anything you buy for her she and her Dominicano will sell for money.

The second part of your post, hoping to live in the DR and open a bar. This may be the second best way to lose you entire savings. The first is above.

Korean women are very very good, find one for now to mend your mind and body.

Thank you for your Service!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I can remember when I bought the "wrong" kind of sneakers for a team I had. They were all grumpy and complaining. I told them that it was that or barefoot.. Amazing what reality will do.
You bought an iPhone and she did not like it? F*ck her!! Take it or leave it woman!
Okay, you gave in on that.

Next, have a lawyer go see her about your portion of the house. You know: "Well you see he has paid for 40% of the house so by law he has to be listed as part owner in case something goes wrong, you know?" And see what her reaction is.

You got to know that there is no female in the world worth a headache (or visa-versa gals!!) so I would suggest you dump her and follow the suggestion regarding a nice, well educated Korean girl, knowing that you will have to raise the children outside of Korea due to the racism there over "mixed-race" children. But you can do this, like thousands of other US troops in the past!

So forget this ungrateful person and get on with your life!!..

HB

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
I'm with the concensus here. Use your time in Korea to focus on finding a local Girl to share your future with (or at least your present) and put your Dominicana in the past where she belongs. You will find that Koreans are living in a thriving and robust economy and the ratio of producers to scammers/ hustlers is much higher there. Theirs is a culture which puts savings and cost effective spending in the highest priority.

Forget about opening a bar in the D.R. and start thinking about converting your military training and experience to a civilian application. If you can fix a tank you can fix a Caterpillar for 10x as much. If you can fly a chopper you can BE a travel/ tour business. If you can guard a post you can be a security consultant. Etcetera.

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
I say forget the Koreans, and the Dominicans. Find you a nice African-American girl who knows how to make fried chicken with homemade mac-n-cheese as well as Pollo guisado con arroz blanco y ensalada verde, professional, who makes a good living but will definitely accept any gifts with pleasure and gratefulness. An 8 in the face but a 10 in the a$$. A lady in the street but a freak en la cama. Already has kids so won't be hittin' you up to get pregnant then hit you with child support. Will give you your space cause her motto is "Ain't nothin' better than a travelin' man!". PM me, I got one just in mind for you, just don't pi$$ her off.....for God's sake. Las morenas can get rabiosas.
:)

SHALENA

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011
I say forget the Koreans, and the Dominicans. Find you a nice African-American girl who knows how to make fried chicken with homemade mac-n-cheese as well as Pollo guisado con arroz blanco y ensalada verde, professional, who makes a good living but will definitely accept any gifts with pleasure and gratefulness. An 8 in the face but a 10 in the a$$. A lady in the street but a freak en la cama. Already has kids so won't be hittin' you up to get pregnant then hit you with child support. Will give you your space cause her motto is "Ain't nothin' better than a travelin' man!". PM me, I got one just in mind for you, just don't pi$$ her off.....for God's sake. Las morenas can get rabiosas.

SHALENA

Can she make Asopao????? lol

jackichan

Bronze
Jun 23, 2011

SHALENA

Sounds like a milking business being setup lol.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005

SHALENA

I see you are shopping for a new sugar daddy!

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007

SHALENA

Where's he gonna find one of those in Korea?

Lady GI's over there are highly in demand and out of most Americans' league.

He'll quickly develop a taste for Cass beer and Soju with his Kimchi.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Let's keep it nice and family orientated. lol

This is not a biology class.

Status
Not open for further replies.