Hotel Palacio and Hotel Nicolas Nader?

J

Joyce

Can anyone offer any info from their stay at either the Hotel Palacio or the Hotel Nicolas Nader in the Colonial City in Santo Domingo? From what I could see, they seem interesting and nice on the internet. I wonder if it would be too noisy in that area during a week night?
I appreciate any info.
Thanks,
Joyce

G

Greg

I stayed at the Hotel Palacio on 27 Feb of this year. The hotel was great, once I found it!! The rooms are beautiful. As far as the noise, if you are familiar with the DR you know 27 Feb was a day of much activity, especially in the colonial zone. But from the hotel I really didn't notice any noise beyond the norm. Good luck!
Greg

N

Natasha

Both are very nicely situated so you will not have to worry about noise. You will not be able to go wrong with either choice, really. I am not sure whether Nader has done any upgrades to their guestrooms, but the ones at Palacio are a bit more inviting, in my opinion. If you choose Palacio, try to book a guestroom on the second floor...they are brighter! Hope this helps.

Regards,
Natasha

J

Joyce

Thanks very much for the help everyone, hopefully I will be able to get in touch with and get a reply from Palacio before our trip.
Joyce