If Would be great if Sr Guzman could comment on my car accident I posted on July17

rick3993

Sep 5, 2006
I am now in Santo Domingo and have yet to get an appointment with Guzman here or in Las Terrenas. I am afraid my last attorney is still trying to get money from me. I signed a Poder so she could act for me if needed while I was out of the country. Well, she didn't do nothing and now wants Honorarios y $5,000.RD just to cancel the Poder. She never gave me a copy of the Poder and I asked here to fax or email me a copy of the Poder we signed. She said she won't do it. She only sent me a different Poder that she typed up; totally different from the first and said it is the same even though it doesn't have my name on it. Now as part of the court rulings I have to go to Nagua before the 13th of August and sign in at the court house to show I am back in the country. She dropped me a s a client but I hope they are not waiting there to arrest me for some "new" development in my case. Thank you, Rick
I really need a cita with the Guzman office in Las Terrenas because it is closest...but they are so slow.......and part of it is my fault because I have been ill.

donluis99

Bronze
Jul 12, 2004
I seen Mr. Guzman was going to go on vacation, I do not remember until when though, look it up.

Bigocean

Nov 25, 2010
Rick,

Dr. Julio Brea of Guzman's office is only in Las Terrenas on Thursdays, usually. Otherwise he is based out of Sosua. One advantage is that he is usually less busy in Las Terrenas than in Sosua so it would probably be to your advantage to deal with him there. He is Fabio's nephew and the head of the office now and is a very honest and intelligent lawyer. I would highly recommend him on any legal issue of any importance. My advice is to contact him at the Sosua office of Guzman and set up a time for you to meet tomorrow in Las Terrenas (remember to bring all the paperwork, notes, etc that you have to your meeting). I'm sorry that I don't have any phone numbers with me at the moment as I am out of the office. Good luck and godspeed.

belmont

Bronze
Oct 9, 2009
Rick, looks like you are looking for trouble. If you remember, most of the posters to your initial thread recommended that you leave the country and handle this from a distance. What are you doing back here? Waiting to go to jail? Why are you waiting for a callback from Fabio's office? I would just show up at his office during business hours, explain that you have an urgent matter. Either they will see you or they won't. But, waiting for the phone to ring will certainly get you in deeper trouble. If they won't see you, either move on to another attorney or get the hell out of town.

Fabio J. Guzman

DR1 Expert
Jan 1, 2002
www.drlawyer.com
We have a fully staffed office in Las Terrenas. Contact Rub?n Garc?a or C?sar Calder?n at 809-240-6484. Both are partners in my firm and live in Las Terrenas.

Bigocean, Julio Brea, my nephew, goes to Cabrera, not Las Terrenas, every Thursday. He's the resident partner in Sos?a. I do appreciate your comments about him.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I have dealt with all 3 of the Guzman offices in question.....

We started in Sto Domingo
They sent the power of attorney to LT for us to sign
The transaction was handles from Sosua
The followup was in Cabrera

You will be hardpressed to get that kind of service from any other firm on the island.

Additionally, they all speak passable to excellent English.

WW
Ridley College '66