Nathans at SDQ airport

El commandante

Oct 17, 2004
Was in the SDQ airport about a week ago and noticed that there was a Nathans restaurant all ready open. Even though I had already ate some Pizza, I had to taste the hot dog. It was delicous and plump. They also have a much larger menu than what I remembered when I worked for them 32 yrs ago in Astoria. Go and enjoy.:laugh:

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
There are Nathan's at Santiago and Punta Cana airports also. They are located in the departure area.

NV_

Bronze
Aug 4, 2003
The guy working there said they would also be opening up on Winston Churchill in the next few months. has anyone heard anything else about that? Would love to get a REAL hotdog!

DMD53

Jun 8, 2011
Nathans is a good hot dog they are pretty widespread. The challenge would be to get Sabretts with the onion sauce gotta stop mouths starting to water maybe book a flight to New York.

El commandante

Oct 17, 2004
pls.....don't do that again. I am hungry again even though I just ate, lol. I bought them at pathmark and brought 100, but they really don't taste the same unless they are in that water from N.Y. They also sell the onions in jars.

jrjrth

Bronze
Mar 24, 2011
Was in the SDQ airport about a week ago and noticed that there was a Nathans restaurant all ready open. Even though I had already ate some Pizza, I had to taste the hot dog. It was delicous and plump. They also have a much larger menu than what I remembered when I worked for them 32 yrs ago in Astoria. Go and enjoy.:laugh:

~Gotta love a dirty water dog~mmmmm-mm-mmmm

LOVE Nathans ! Also at Santiago and Puerto Plata airports.

BUT the question is -- what BRAND of hot dogs can you buy in a grocery store in the DR that are even remotely close ??? How about a good brand of hot Italian type sausage??
THANKS

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Nathans is a good hot dog they are pretty widespread. The challenge would be to get Sabretts with the onion sauce gotta stop mouths starting to water maybe book a flight to New York.

Sabretts are available on the North Shore at only 1 restaurant in Cabarette.

A Canadian friend just arrived and brought corned beef so I treated him to some Nathans hot dogs which he had never tasted before and he ate 4 of them .

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
The guy working there said they would also be opening up on Winston Churchill in the next few months. has anyone heard anything else about that? Would love to get a REAL hotdog!

It's open and busy. It's a corner store in one of the malls between Plaza Central and Acropolis.

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004
The major super mercados here in Sd have Nathens hot dogs,oscar myer all beef,Bravo......But the best all beef hotdogs I buy at Omaha,either on Winston Churchill,same plaza as Nathans,or Omaha in Las Terrenas.They are angus,all beefdogs,and beat anything else. asaimc.
The best Italian sausage is from Nellos,in Sd,off of churchill,on the street that parallels 27,Luis Thoemen,going west from churchill about 6 or 7 blocks,on the right.All homemade right there,hot or sweet.The super mercados,National,has the american brand of sausages,Jimmy Dean I think,or that other populaR brand,cannot think of name right now.
Nathans hot dogs are ok,285 pesos for one plus fries and drink.

avi8or57

Nov 25, 2010
Which plaza specifically on Winston Churchill? Nearest cross-street would be helpful as there are many PLAZAS in the area.

Thanks.

puryear270

Bronze
Aug 26, 2009
It's in the plaza on the northeast corner of the intersection of Churchill with Pastoriza. Went there two weeks ago and can't wait to go back. Since I get my mail at CPS on Pastoriza, it's a very convenient location for me.

rh8371

Nov 5, 2008
The one on Churchill is in Plaza Americana where it use to be a Baskin Robbins. Right at the corner of the building so you can see it when driving along Churchill towards the Acropolis. Being from NY we had to try it and like most "Fast Food" joints in the DR the food was made to order. So the Hot Dogs weren't cooked to perfection where the skin is slightly crisped and gives a pop when you bite into it. I suggest you ask them to cook it longer on the "rollers". Otherwise everything else is exactly the same especially the cheap but oh so good chili (must be on the dog though!)

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Nathan's SD is in the Plaza Paseo,just after Jet Blue office plaza if coming from 27th de Feb.Right hand side.
I got a "Combo" two chili dogs,fries,coke, for less than 300 pesos.
CC

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
Went to nathans this week so GF can try chili dog. yeah she loved em. We also went to omaha gourmet in same plaza and bought 4 packs of nathans dogs. Grill em on the george foreman and they are better than nathans.

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Went to nathans this week so GF can try chili dog. yeah she loved em. We also went to omaha gourmet in same plaza and bought 4 packs of nathans dogs. Grill em on the george foreman and they are better than nathans.

Where is Omaha Gourmet now located...went to their previous location and they were gone.
Love their stuff.....

B in Santiago

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
N-A-T-H-A-N-S, must have. You can buy these at the Omaha store in Las Terrenas and I believe there is one in Santo Domingo. One of the few things that is disappointing in the DR are the local hot dogs. Maybe it's something you get used to growing up here but most have little taste/ pork vs. beef.

LTS