Marbetes

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
Celt202 ,
Glad you brought it up - I was just talking about it today - Hope they go on sale here in Sosua soon.

There is usually a window of time -August to October - Do you know what it is exactly

OLLY

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I do mine -- or rather somebody does mine for me -- in October

Deadline is Oct/Nov I think............ but I don't think......:-((

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
It actually states in the article in diariolibre.com that the deadline is 11 November but, if you leave it until the last week, you are likely to have to stand in longer queues!!

They are usually available in the little bank (can't recall the name) just next to Benny Katz garage, almost opposite Playero for the residents of Sosua area.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Deadline is 11 November, but sh!t, you can do it very efficiently on-line, no crap!! Just go to the dgii.gov.do website and click on Marbete2011, enter the license plate number, give them the CC number of your plastic, and the address where you want it delivered!! They take it to your door!! It really could not be easier.

Or, get a photocopy of the vehicle's registration, and when you are in town, and walk by a S&L, or bank, just pop in with the photocopy and the $$ (1.200 for 2006 and earlier models, 2200 for later models) and literally in less than 5 minutes, you have the new sticker in your hands...perhaps the best piece of DR bureaucracy!!

HB

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
Deadline is 11 November, but sh!t, you can do it very efficiently on-line, no crap!! Just go to the dgii.gov.do website and click on Marbete2011, enter the license plate number, give them the CC number of your plastic, and the address where you want it delivered!! They take it to your door!! It really could not be easier.

Or, get a photocopy of the vehicle's registration, and when you are in town, and walk by a S&L, or bank, just pop in with the photocopy and the $$ (1.200 for 2006 and earlier models, 2200 for later models) and literally in less than 5 minutes, you have the new sticker in your hands...perhaps the best piece of DR bureaucracy!!

HB

Easily done. I don't think they acept foreign credit cards online but the process for cash is so easy that if you do it early you beat the local cultural quirk of 94.62% of the responders doing it in the last two days.

From the Diario Libre article:

"This was reported yesterday by the General Directorate of Internal Taxes (DGII) who added that the deadline this year will be 11 November.

In order to acquire the new sticker, the taxpayers just have to take a photocopy of the vehicle registration to any of the more than 700 offices that are available in 288 renovation points, located in the Savings & Loan Associations, and in banks such as BDI, ADEMI, Vimenca, Las Americas, Multipago Express, Adopem, and at any of the Internal Tax offices in Pedernales, Jimani, Villa Vasquez, Samana and Sanchez."

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com

HB

HB is entirely right, as usual, much easier to do it that way. Here is Robert's helpful advice on it a couple of years ago;

MARBETE ONLINE

and here is the website you order from;

dgii.gov.do

But it has a tech problem at the mo.....LOLOL

"Volver al sitio
Error

or inesperado.

Soluci?n de problemas de Windows SharePoint Services.

Last edited:

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
HB is entirely right, as usual, much easier to do it that way. Here is Robert's helpful advice on it a couple of years ago;

MARBETE ONLINE

and here is the website you order from;

dgii.gov.do

Such a long time since you posted many people thought you may have left!

But it has a tech problem at the mo.....LOLOL

"Volver al sitio
Error

or inesperado.

Soluci?n de problemas de Windows SharePoint Services.

So long since you have posted many people thought you had left!!!

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
So long since you have posted many people thought you had left!!!

Hi great to see you WB, I hope everything is going well for you.

I am way too busy these days as I own my own International sites now, that supplies all the latest Movies, TV Shows, Music, EBooks, Applications and much more, including another site that you can trace IPs people etc. Great fun but hectic. I am still here.

My son has a business here now too thats doing well, in Coastal, selling games consoles, games (even cracked ones for those short of money) His console prices are RD1500-2000 cheaper than Santiago or Santo Domingo, but guess who has to do all the Admin??? LOL

Are you still living on your farm near Sabeneta?

Im still on skype, which is better to chat, as I dont want to hijack this thread by chatting,,,lots of news for you

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
It took me maybe two minutes to cruise through the site, fill in the needed info, and just seconds later I got e-mails confirming the order.
Piece of cake...
I will also report when it shows up on my doorstep..

Follow our lead folks, this is the simplest piece of bureaucracy in all of Latin America!! No kidding!! WORD.

HB

Taino808

Bronze
Oct 10, 2010
I also do mine through Banco Ademi, fast and easy. After many years of duing it this way, I've never had a problem.:smoke::smoke:

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
I can't wait for the day where they deliver the marbetes to Punta Cana/Bavaro. Anyone renewed in Veron yet? I'm planning on going after lunch but if they haven't received them yet (like in years past), then I'll save myself the trip...

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Arrugula: Go to the Rentas Office and get it straightened out! No other way.

Kate: For fast service, go to any of the Banreservas or any of the S&L s in the area. They have the stikers there.

FYI: I just received an e-mail:
Sistema de Renovaci?n de Marbetes de Veh?culos de Motor

Estimado Contribuyente,
Deseamos comunicarle que su orden No. 5297 ha sido enviada y usted deber? recibirla en un m?ximo de cinco (5) d?as calendario para Santo Domingo y ocho (8) d?as calendario para el interior de pa?s, sin costo alguno por el servicio de mensajer?a.

Recuerde que debe entregar al mensajero fotocopia(s) de la(s) matr?cula(s) del(os) veh?culo(s) para recibir su(s) marbete(s).
Puede revisar el estado de su orden en cualquier momento accediendo al siguiente enlace:
https://www.dgii.gov.do/Marbetes2011/verOrden.aspx?ordenID=XXXX

Para preguntas y sugerencias puede llamar a nuestro Centro de Atenci?n telef?nica al n?mero 809-689-3444 o al 809-200-6060 desde el interior sin cargos.

HB

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Arrugula and William:
William, you might have caught something there! I should have caught it, too. The AMET and the cops would have flagged that vehicle many times, in fact they might even have confiscated it, if it did not have the latest sticker.

Check it out. I would think that in the glove compartment there is a receipt of the sticker with the "matr?cula"...check it out.

HB