Joint bank account?

GandA

Feb 4, 2011
Hey everyone

I was wondering if my fiance and i can make a joint checking account with scotiabank?
We tried banreservas but they said that since im american we cant do it but i was talking to another girl who did it with her fiance.

now im looking into other banks. i decided to ask here

please any information will be helpful

Angelique

GandA

Feb 4, 2011
can it be a checking account? Also what type of information did you need?
I have my drivers license my birth certificate and my passport.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
twp years ago I had a joint checking acct. with my wife who is Dominican in Scotiabank in Sosua. I opened it first in my name and then added her.

GandA

Feb 4, 2011
we tried in bansreservas but they said i couldnt cos i am american?? is that legit?

GandA

Feb 4, 2011
@zoomzx11 did you add her the same day at the same time? my fiance wants to know

JuanDolioLiving

Sep 7, 2010
Why do you need a checking account? unless you own a business you do not needed because no one will accept personal checks as a form of payment unless they know you. I suggest to open a saving account which is less hassle and cheaper to maintain. Anybody can open a joined account in any bank, maybe you had the wrong customers service person attended you.

YUL514

Aug 28, 2010
Hey everyone

I was wondering if my fiance and i can make a joint checking account with scotiabank?
We tried banreservas but they said that since im american we cant do it but i was talking to another girl who did it with her fiance.

now im looking into other banks. i decided to ask here

please any information will be helpful

Angelique

Hi Angelique If you want to send him money,just open a bank account in the US and give him a bank card that he can use.As everyone on this board would tell you,don't keep too much money in that account just to be safe.If the relation goes south,just close the account.
Regards Mike

GandA

Feb 4, 2011
I dont want to send him money. we need a joint account because we are going to get his visa.

and @JuanDolioLiving im not gonna be writing any checks. Just need a account.