Best place to get cigars?

InsanelyOne

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
I've got a co-worker visiting from DC and he wants to get some cigars. I know absolutely nothing about them. Where's the best place to go?

AJL6767

Apr 14, 2011
when I used to get them for my brother-in-law i found good prices at supermercado nacional. I would buy him Auroras so I was not paying a higher price for a more famous brand name.

InsanelyOne

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
A local friend here in Bavaro just told me about a place at Plaza Brisas next to the biker bar (Route 66). Guy name Tom runs it. Gonna check it out tomorrow.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
A local friend here in Bavaro just told me about a place at Plaza Brisas next to the biker bar (Route 66). Guy name Tom runs it. Gonna check it out tomorrow.

If you are talking about the place a few doors down from Steve's Bar. They have good cigars. Luis is part owner and runs the place. He is Dominican. Ask for Nano if you don't speak Spanish, he works there.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
There should be a place called FUMO there in Punta Cana, and if not, take a day trip over to La Romana and go to Plaza Caribe, there which is located on the way out of town on your left, before you get to the big intersection with the light, but after you cross the train tracks..They have a major selection of everything made here.

If you go to the Marina, there is a FUMO there that sell genuine Cubans that your friend might be interested in.

Cordially,

HB