Interesting spots to visit in the South

surferboy

Jul 24, 2009
early september we'll be staying 3 days in SD and then have another 7 days to visit the larger area.
we plan to (again) visit bahia de aguilas. any recommendations for other worthwhile spots (incl. the interior) between pedernales and isla saona?

Feb 7, 2007
Lago Enriquillo was a must-see couple of years back. The crocodile watching was my favorite, when the lake was still with lower water levels and boats operational. They had a curative sulfur spa which has now been completely ruined by growing water levels in the Lake. Emergency sessions are being held because the Lake is growing uncontrollably.

Also Polo Magnetico by Cabral is a nice hangout spot for observing optical illusion where you can have a soda can roll uphills, or even a car seemingly go uphills in neutral.

wuarhat

I am a out of touch hippie.
Nov 13, 2006
Lago Enriquillo was a must-see couple of years back. The crocodile watching was my favorite, when the lake was still with lower water levels and boats operational. They had a curative sulfur spa which has now been completely ruined by growing water levels in the Lake. Emergency sessions are being held because the Lake is growing uncontrollably.

Also Polo Magnetico by Cabral is a nice hangout spot for observing optical illusion where you can have a soda can roll uphills, or even a car seemingly go uphills in neutral.

What's causing the lake to grow?

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
What's causing the lake to grow?
The lake has no water exit. When it rains there is no where for the water that flows into it to grow. It's been an increasing problem since Olga. Now there is 6"+ of water over thr road west of it.

This is a huge problem for the southwest region.

And news on any solutions being considered? I understand the flooded road problem is over 2km.