Golf driving range

beekaynz

Aug 12, 2011
I was just curious if anyone thinks a golf driving range would be a good idea.
Was thinking close to Sosua or Cabarete.
Would welcome all feedback.
I hate driving all the way to Playa Dorada to hit balls that are of not good quality.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
It could be a good idea...... but the balls might go missing quickly.

Seriously, yes - it should work.... but I/m serious about good balls disappeasring too.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
The ones you play with are not cheap..... $2.50 +/- each

The ones you hit on the range can be pretty cheap,,, but the locals will like free golf balls.....

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
It would take a lot of land, people and maintenance.

I'd settle for an indoor virtual range like GolfSmith has.

belmont

Bronze
Oct 9, 2009
A well constructed miniature golf might be a better fit. Maybe a combo Dominican Car Wash/Miniature Golf?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
seeing how many balls get lost on costambar's campo de golf i thought the stuff was cheap.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Isn't there a golf course there in Cabarete? Playa Azul?
Some Germans (?) tried to do a miniture golf there in Sos?a some years ago...do not think it worked out.

HB

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Isn't there a golf course there in Cabarete? Playa Azul?
Some Germans (?) tried to do a miniture golf there in Sos?a some years ago...do not think it worked out.

HB

Is that still open......??
I see it when i drive by but have never gone in..

Britcouple

Aug 13, 2009
I was just curious if anyone thinks a golf driving range would be a good idea.
Was thinking close to Sosua or Cabarete.
Would welcome all feedback.
I hate driving all the way to Playa Dorada to hit balls that are of not good quality.
Well I for one would use it!

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
fun city is still open, i think, i see some activity when i drive by. but it is so close to playa dorada it would make no sense. water park is, sadly, closed.

Golfer

Apr 7, 2002
A decent mountain mini in Santo Domingo or Santiago would be very successful. A fun family or date outing where you really do not have to know how to play golf to have fun. A driving range is a different proposition, in combination with a mini golf in the right location you could do quite well. You would have to have lots of clubs to use for free and a lot of staff to show people how to swing but it could really catch on. There is no legit mini golf course on the island so that would be the safer bet.

Golfer

Apr 7, 2002
Don't kid yourself, that's what I do here in the states and a mini golf for sure would be rousing success. You don't need that much land and they're super cheap to operate. Never been tried in the DR. Build a good one in the right spot and they will come.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Don't kid yourself, that's what I do here in the states and a mini golf for sure would be rousing success. You don't need that much land and they're super cheap to operate. Never been tried in the DR. Build a good one in the right spot and they will come.

There used to be a miniature golf business in Cabarete center. They made it an nobody came. Unfortunately businesses run differently here.

Golfer

Apr 7, 2002
I was talking about a real miniature golf course, and in a population center not a tourist trap like Cabarete.
95vor6.jpg

2chbc7d.jpg