Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Female Visiting Sosua Alone!

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Female Visiting Sosua Alone!

I will be visiting Sosua for the 1st time in a few months, but i will be alone in a resort only because im just intrested to be in DR and family or friends arent able to come..i just wanted to know if it will be safe for a young 26 year old female to be traveling outside the resort alone?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

its safe but you will be very popular lol everyone will want to be your friend.Of course you must take the usual precautions you would anywhere else ie dont walk alone down dark allies

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gonzo two View Post
    its safe but you will be very popular lol everyone will want to be your friend.Of course you must take the usual precautions you would anywhere else ie dont walk alone down dark allies
    You are in more danger from the sankies at the resort than from exploring the town.

4. Likes MaineGirl, greydread liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah well... I am older, so I guess I would not have her problem..but am insterested in visiting to find an apt and all that.. anyone can reccommend a budget hotel/resort that is "safe"...safe being subjective I am sure... I am not sure I want to live in Sousa but I know I don't want to live in the captial.. just a bit big for me.. girls at the local cuban rest. recomment puerto plata, santiago, boca chica.. suggesting thanka LB

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pink! View Post
    I will be visiting Sosua for the 1st time in a few months, but i will be alone in a resort only because im just intrested to be in DR and family or friends arent able to come..i just wanted to know if it will be safe for a young 26 year old female to be traveling outside the resort alone?
    WHY ?????

Why Sosua of all places ???- that makes absolutely no sense for the single female traveler

unless .........

I'll just keep my mouth closed

7. Likes Anastacio, mandymeme liked this post
    Dislikes Anjinsen, CoreyH, curlando disliked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Another Possiblilty

Quote Originally Posted by LittleBird View Post
    Yeah well... I am older, so I guess I would not have her problem..but am insterested in visiting to find an apt and all that.. anyone can reccommend a budget hotel/resort that is "safe"...safe being subjective I am sure... I am not sure I want to live in Sousa but I know I don't want to live in the captial.. just a bit big for me.. girls at the local cuban rest. recomment puerto plata, santiago, boca chica.. suggesting thanka LB
    hi

hi Give Cabarete a thought. Its safe more family oriented however its a small area.watersports and nice oceanfront bars and restaunts

9. Likes meregirl, mandymeme liked this post
    Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Must admit I'm with Dolo on this one, seems like probably the daftest decision you could make. You are relying on meeting others there and at your age, alone 3 is a crowd if you get my meaning. It is safe enough if you know what you are walking into, but if you are not a regular Caribbean visitor then I'd say it isn't safe to be out and about yourself, no.
    This isn't a Sosua bashing thing it is just a silly decision unless you are looking to go and learn the ropes of a new trade, and then you will absolutely be unsafe.
    Go to Cabarete and try to visit Sosua a few day/nights.

11. Likes arrugala liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

When are you going? I was thinking about traveling alone as well.. In Nov.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I choose Sosua because of the reviews i have read on tripadvisor and they were all great no negatives like other places, and im kinda on a budget and the resort was pretty cheap.. [email protected] ill be going the 1st week of [email protected] sorry i dont get what u mean! lol Is their something about Sosua that i need to know Kdolo?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't believe you are real, I think you should go to Sosua and enjoy yourself with all the other single girls there, you never know, you might fit right into the mix.
    Have fun!

15. Likes mandymeme liked this post
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast