Donkey in need of a foster home

Isobel

Jul 21, 2011
We are looking after a donkey with a severely ulcerated back with an abscess and haematoma as well. He was still in daily use, poor chap, but should never have to work again. He is very good-natured and friendly and is looking for a foster home so he doesn't ever have to go back to his owners. He would make a good companion for another donkey or horse, though he is not castrated! He could possibly be of use for breeding mules.... which are considered very valuable here and which I am sure he would enjoy. He is about 17 or 18. Can you help?

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
By fostering, what exactly do you mean? Fostering in general mean temporary housing and care and reimbursed funding until a permanent home can be found. Or do you mean adoption? new home till death? To be fair if this guy is 18 and only has one option if this fails, to go back to his owners then it is best to put him down, they will work him again, he is a tool. Few people will take on a useless animal at their expense and time, I can't see a parent buying a knackered donkey for the kids to play with. You might get lucky with one of the more wealthy members here who can offer money for nothing.
I wish you good luck but money is tight everywhere at the moment, good luck to the old fella!

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Reverso................ the donkey can foster you..... !!!! :))

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

If Eyore can still get it up, you might be able to set up a "Donkey Show" like they do in other countries.

terrible tambo'

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Of course, if we really wanted to tease him...

You signature could be...........

TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Looks like my zipper......................

Isobel

Jul 21, 2011
Well, there is no reimbursed funding, I'm afraid. We would be very happy to keep him if he had a sponsor.... We have the space and the facility, but no funds. He has been funded to buy him out of his hell hole and to pay his initial vet fees, but he needs a place to live in peace where he will be cared for properly. That includes de-worming him and taking care of his feet etc. He is very amusing and entertaining as a character. He could live a good few years yet as he is otherwise very healthy and sprightly. In due course, he probably could indeed carry a child riding bareback, just no more ill-fitting saddles or carriers. I disagree about people offering money for nothing. There is such a thing as 'the feel good factor' when we know we have done something altruistic and we can see the fruits of our efforts / input.
We like to keep track of animals we rescue to make sure they aren't further abused or neglected, which is why I use the term foster home.
Eyore is a neutered male, so though they might be okay together, I can't imagine his new carer is likely to want to take on another donkey. We have called this guy Papito.