Gel Nails

blitzpacker

Aug 15, 2011
Could anybody please tell me if there are any salons in Punta Cana who offer Gel Nails for women? I would like to know if it is best to remove them before coming. Really appreciated. Also, if they do have them, does anyone know how much it costs to get them and do they have the right equipment?
Thanks so much!

blitzpacker

Aug 15, 2011
Could anybody please tell me if there are any salons in Punta Cana who offer Gel Nails for women? I would like to know if it is best to remove them before coming. Really appreciated. Also, if they do have them, does anyone know how much it costs to get them and do they have the right equipment?
Thanks so much!
Please! Anybody at all?? Private salon, in a Hotel anywhere??? Dominican women are always looking like princesses. There must be somewhere!

meregirl

Aug 22, 2008
Although I don't know the Punta cana area I think most salons use acrylic vs gel nails. I once brought my gel nail kit with me for my wedding and the heat did terrible things to the gel. Make it real thick and hard to use and even when I tried to put in the refrigerator it did not get any better. If I were you I would take off the gel and go with acrylic for the time you are here. I could be wrong but that is what I would do.

jrjrth

Bronze
Mar 24, 2011
~There is a nail shoppe at the corner of Av Francia and Av Alemania....turn right onto Ave Francia towards Flea Market Merchants and the shoppe is on the left...not sure if they use gel or just acrylic....

blitzpacker

Aug 15, 2011
Although I don't know the Punta cana area I think most salons use acrylic vs gel nails. I once brought my gel nail kit with me for my wedding and the heat did terrible things to the gel. Make it real thick and hard to use and even when I tried to put in the refrigerator it did not get any better. If I were you I would take off the gel and go with acrylic for the time you are here. I could be wrong but that is what I would do.
I am not going on short term vacation - I will be living there for the cold season (about 4 - 6 months). I have travelled to warm countries many times (with my Gel Nails) and never had a problem. It is great because they are durable and do not get any infections underneath. Maybe it is the difference if they are done professionaly or not. I think the UV lights and proper fills and removals at the right times are all very important factors. That is why I wondered if there are any salons who do gel nails. Thanks for taking the time to reply!

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Quickly glancing at the thread title, I thought at first it said "Get NaLs"...:cheeky:

Mike_n_Val

Dec 24, 2010
I know I saw a sign at Palmarosa spa in the apartment building close to El Dorado where Ramirez mini market is for gel nails. I think it said $30 or €23 for gel nails. I am sure this wouldn't be the only place offering this service.

blitzpacker

Aug 15, 2011
I know I saw a sign at Palmarosa spa in the apartment building close to El Dorado where Ramirez mini market is for gel nails. I think it said $30 or €23 for gel nails. I am sure this wouldn't be the only place offering this service.
Thank you very much!