contact lenses available in DR....?

its_vix

Jun 12, 2011
Hi there,
I'm in the middle of planning my return to DR and sorting out essentials to take.

This may sound a silly questions but I was wondering if anyone knows if I can buy my contact lenses at a reasonable price? Usually I buy a bulk load here and take them... but with limited luggage weight, I'm thinking that I may need to cut down this time.

Currently I'm using 1-Day Acuvue Moist contact lenses. A months worth is about ?30 - so if I can get them in DR for a similar or even cheaper price, I'll be happy to wait.

If anyone knows this info or knows where I can find it, I'd really appreciate your help.

Thanks

arrugala

Bronze
Nov 7, 2010
You can buy them in a large chain store called SERENA. ABox is about 50 us 4 30 day supply.Assuming you have not got a n unusual prescription. u should. be good

its_vix

Jun 12, 2011
Just out of curiosity, how much would a bulk load of contacts weigh? A couple of ounces, maybe?

Daily disposables weigh more when I'm taking 10 months worth. It's also a space issue... that's 20 boxes I'll have to take!
Someone mentioned to me that a place called Optica did them.

its_vix

Jun 12, 2011
Thanks for your responses...

I guess I was hoping to pay the same in DR as I would here... just that I could buy them as and when I needed them. I don't actually wear them everyday but it's nice to know i can if I want to.

Yep.. guess I'll unpack them and stuff them... along with the tea bags and English chocolate!! :)

its_vix

Jun 12, 2011
Ah Thanks so much! It's just -1.75, -2.00
I usually go for the Acuvue one day moist lenses! They're around ?30 for a months worth (60 lenses)

Thank you!

its_vix

Jun 12, 2011
Yikes! :ermm:
Well that answers my question then.... thanks so much for checking. I really appreciate it.