Customs Taxes on Small Electrical Appliances

dgtlman

Nov 7, 2007
Does anyone know what the customs duty and taxes would be for small kitchen electrical appliances that I would like to bring from the USA?

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
If they're in your suitcase or carry-on, probably nothing. Make sure they're out of their boxes. I've never had any suitcase opened in customs in over 25 years. [Before that, in the 70s and 80s, they used to open them all]

AE

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Flying into POP, I would say they open one out of six bags about 50% of the time. They are looking for expensive items to tax. I doubt you would have any problem with kitchen appliances out of their boxes.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Where do you live?
Dominican cargo companies ship moving boxes "door-2-door".
Ihave sent at least 20 boxes from Boston,filled with computers,monitors,power tools,kitchen small appliances,speakers,you name it!
NEVER PAID A PENNY,in "taxes".

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

egpulido89

Feb 15, 2010
Where do you live?
Dominican cargo companies ship moving boxes "door-2-door".
Ihave sent at least 20 boxes from Boston,filled with computers,monitors,power tools,kitchen small appliances,speakers,you name it!
NEVER PAID A PENNY,in "taxes".

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
What company do you use?

cibaoo

Nov 30, 2009
If you bring it in your bag no. If you ship it via any of the Dominican companies with door to door service: No.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Hi:

I've brought in a coffee maker, toaster, blender, kitchen utensils, plates, 32" and 22" flat screens and an assortment of other things all in my luggage. Take them out of the box and wrap in clothes or towels. Good luck.

S

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Not a magic trick

Does anyone know what the customs duty and taxes would be for small kitchen electrical appliances that I would like to bring from the USA?

HI:

I have brought a 32" and 22" flat screen TV, coffee maker, blender, pots and pans. silver ware, clocks, assorted kitchen gadgets and oh yes my biggest coup, two zero gravity lounge chairs(before restriction were in place by the airlines. Don't think twice about shipping, bring it with you in your carry on(if delicate) or pack between clothes in your luggage. If you arrive with a bunch of tourists the customs people will generally herd you through like cattle.

S