Lifestyles Tropical Beach and resort

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMD53

Jun 8, 2011
Could'nt tell you jess but i'm sure someone will be here shortly with some info for you.When are you going we will be there 9/8-9/15 have a good one.

DMD53

Jun 8, 2011
BobK was there last year I don't think he'd mind sharing his thoughts of the resort anyway the place sounds good we'll be basically sleeping there and eating will be touring most of the time. DMD53

belmont

Bronze
Oct 9, 2009
You are close to Ocean World. If you never had a Sea World like experience or a dolphin encounter, it is worthwhile. You are located 15 minutes from Puerto Plata, worth a trip to wander around a typical Dominican working city. Start in the area of Central Park, then walk up to the ocean front Malecon and head west to the old fort. Your hotel is about an hour from Santiago. Here you will see a major Dominican city with many cultural spots such as Centro Leon. If interested, there is public transportation available or you can get an expensive taxi at the hotel.

DMD53

Jun 8, 2011
Your hotel is about an hour from Santiago. Here you will see a major Dominican city with many cultural spots such as Centro Leon.

belmont, that hour is that going on hwy#5 to hwy #1 or that road that looks like it goes kinda south out of POP?

DMD53

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
We spent a week there in February. No major complaints. Food was OK - we were disappointed to find there wasn't much Dominican food, but I guess that's to be expected because there weren't many Dominicans staying there so they catered to the American/Canadian/European tastes I guess. Our room was spacious, bathroom large, very clean. Got the best Claro USB connection in the country there.

The major annoyance was the people trying to talk us into buying into their 'Vacation Club', they had an answer for everything.

As stated above, it's next door to Ocean World - go!

AE

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
We stayed there last year for a mini escape during thier stupid price sale (cost us $20 a night for the two of us) and had a very good time. Resort is clean and modern and food was ok as well. VIP beach with the beach beds and beach side food service along with top shelf booze was a big plus.
In fact we are going again this September during thier $38 sale. I mean room (nice) board (pretty good food) and liquor for $38 how can you beat that.
As to tours there is lots to do HOWEVER and a big new HOWEVER you need to use the resorts "tours" as they will not let other tour companies onto the premises.

Bob K

alexdr

Aug 19, 2010
La Canita, safe! Yea right!!! Treat you like a king! Yea right!!! Pretty funny! But what do I know? I have only lived in POP for the last 8 years. Have not gone to La Canita the last 5 years. Go figure!

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
Its about 10 mins from where you are, wave down a moto concho say la canita and 100 pesos later you are there. Its located close to the malceon and the fort felipe.walk up to the doorman proceed to put 100 pesos in his hand not to discreetly get your table relax and enjoy, it is all table service... 100 peso and a gringo they will treat you like a king.

What he says but they will treat you like a king without the bribe....

Status
Not open for further replies.