Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Colonoscopy in Santo Domingo

I'm looking for a good doctor for a colonoscopy in Santo Domingo.

English speaking is not a requirement.

I'm interested in what I can expect to pay for the procedure. I spoke to one medical office and they quoted me these costs in pesos:

35,000 sin biopsias ni pólipos

pólipos lazo diatérmico 8,000 c/u
    pólipos con pinza caliente 3000 c/u
    pólipos con pinza en frio 2,000 c/u

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

I had a colonoscopy done in Satiago @ HOMS with a well qualified English-speaking doc for around RD$23,000 total.

3. Likes Celt202 liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

I had one in Santo Domingo in 2010 and another in Santiago in 2011. Both excellent doctors and the conditions in which each done the same. I paid 30,000+ in Santo Domingo and 20,000+ plus at HOMS in Santiago. Very possibly same doctor there as cobraboy.

5. Likes Celt202 liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

OMG, that is the price of a colonoscopy?

I've had 3 colonoscopies performed on me in the course of my life (plus one hiatus hernia operation done through laparoscopy), and every time I paid zero euros. They were fully covered by my country's National Health System.

True I did not get to pick the doctor or even the hospital, which at the time I was not too happy about. But finding out the real price of the operation is still a shock to me.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by trangalanga View Post

I've had 3 colonoscopies performed on me in the course of my life (plus one hiatus hernia operation done through laparoscopy), and every time I paid zero euros. They were fully covered by my country's National Health System.

True I did not get to pick the doctor or even the hospital, which at the time I was not too happy about. But finding out the real price of the operation is still a shock to me.

The OP asked about the cost of a specific medical procedure in DR, I did not quite follow your train of thought to FREE healthcare in your home country.

Perhaps you can get the free Lobotomy next time and circle back here?

8. Likes Celt202, lee hutchinson, Peters, avi8or57 liked this post
    Dislikes N/A disliked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by trangalanga View Post

I don't have DR health insurance. I paid cash. US$600 for a complete invasive diagnostic procedure is a freakin' bargain by first world standards. I could have paid even less had I chosen different providers.

I got to choose my physician and hospital and chose the best.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    I had one in Santo Domingo in 2010 and another in Santiago in 2011. Both excellent doctors and the conditions in which each done the same. I paid 30,000+ in Santo Domingo and 20,000+ plus at HOMS in Santiago. Very possibly same doctor there as cobraboy.
    Who was the doctor in Santo Domingo and do you remember the cost?

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lee hutchinson View Post
    i have no experience but i could have a look at it for you for nothing, and give my opinion, pm me if you want.
    You wanna look up into some unknown posters rectum for nothing?

To each his own, not that there's anything wrong with it, consenting adults and all, but(t) that strikes me as a tad weird to announce on a public forum...

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Healthcare liability

You get what you pay for... it may be more expensive in USA to get the procedure, but if something goes wrong, you can always sue...

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cobraboy View Post
    You wanna look up into some unknown posters rectum for nothing?

To each his own, not that there's anything wrong with it, consenting adults and all, but(t) that strikes me as a tad weird to announce on a public forum...

He certainly has a weird sense of humor.

14. Likes lee hutchinson, Sooz liked this post
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast