Colonoscopy in Santo Domingo

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
I'm looking for a good doctor for a colonoscopy in Santo Domingo.

English speaking is not a requirement.

I'm interested in what I can expect to pay for the procedure. I spoke to one medical office and they quoted me these costs in pesos:

35,000 sin biopsias ni p?lipos

p?lipos lazo diat?rmico 8,000 c/u
p?lipos con pinza caliente 3000 c/u
p?lipos con pinza en frio 2,000 c/u

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I had a colonoscopy done in Satiago @ HOMS with a well qualified English-speaking doc for around RD$23,000 total.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I had one in Santo Domingo in 2010 and another in Santiago in 2011. Both excellent doctors and the conditions in which each done the same. I paid 30,000+ in Santo Domingo and 20,000+ plus at HOMS in Santiago. Very possibly same doctor there as cobraboy.

trangalanga

Jun 10, 2011
www.villa-elena-bavaro.com
OMG, that is the price of a colonoscopy?

I've had 3 colonoscopies performed on me in the course of my life (plus one hiatus hernia operation done through laparoscopy), and every time I paid zero euros. They were fully covered by my country's National Health System.

True I did not get to pick the doctor or even the hospital, which at the time I was not too happy about. But finding out the real price of the operation is still a shock to me.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005

I've had 3 colonoscopies performed on me in the course of my life (plus one hiatus hernia operation done through laparoscopy), and every time I paid zero euros. They were fully covered by my country's National Health System.

True I did not get to pick the doctor or even the hospital, which at the time I was not too happy about. But finding out the real price of the operation is still a shock to me.

The OP asked about the cost of a specific medical procedure in DR, I did not quite follow your train of thought to FREE healthcare in your home country.

Perhaps you can get the free Lobotomy next time and circle back here?

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004

I don't have DR health insurance. I paid cash. US$600 for a complete invasive diagnostic procedure is a freakin' bargain by first world standards. I could have paid even less had I chosen different providers.

I got to choose my physician and hospital and chose the best.

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
I had one in Santo Domingo in 2010 and another in Santiago in 2011. Both excellent doctors and the conditions in which each done the same. I paid 30,000+ in Santo Domingo and 20,000+ plus at HOMS in Santiago. Very possibly same doctor there as cobraboy.

Who was the doctor in Santo Domingo and do you remember the cost?

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
i have no experience but i could have a look at it for you for nothing, and give my opinion, pm me if you want.;)
You wanna look up into some unknown posters rectum for nothing?

To each his own, not that there's anything wrong with it, consenting adults and all, but(t) that strikes me as a tad weird to announce on a public forum...

:eek::ermm::speechles

kimbjorkland

Apr 6, 2011
Healthcare liability

You get what you pay for... it may be more expensive in USA to get the procedure, but if something goes wrong, you can always sue...

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007

To each his own, not that there's anything wrong with it, consenting adults and all, but(t) that strikes me as a tad weird to announce on a public forum...

He certainly has a weird sense of humor.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Who was the doctor in Santo Domingo and do you remember the cost?

Fernando Contreras, a doctor I have gone to for many years. I am in the US visiting family at present, otherwise I could give you the exact price.

belmont

Bronze
Oct 9, 2009

He's going to go on to say that the procedure might be a bit uncomfortable, "don't worry, you'll just feel a little prick".

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
You get what you pay for... it may be more expensive in USA to get the procedure, but if something goes wrong, you can always sue...
My experience rivaled any I could have had in the US, first class the whole way. And I have an extensive background in healthcare.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I'll give you a "COLON"oscopy for 10,000 !

Been giving them on DR1 for 10 years,NEVER had any complaints!

"Bend over and say,"AAAAaaaaaaaah"!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCc

Sorry,I COULD NOT resist!

dropshort

May 18, 2008
Tort Reform

There is no need for medical reform in the US what is necessary Tort Reform.
That is make sure you win your malpractice case or you pay ALL of the lawyers.

Then doctors can practice medicine instead of law.

IMHO