Help Finding Places to Stay

floater

Aug 20, 2011
Hi - I am planning on spending 1 month in Santo Domingo and only have a couple weeks to plan. I'm a young professional woman and am looking to rent a room in an apt/home to share with locals. I want to avoid staying with expats to have as much immersion as possible. I also want to stay in a neighborhood that caters to locals rather than foreigners. My preference is to stay with other young female professionals, but I'm open. An area with good LOCAL nightlife would be perfect!

Any suggestions on how I can go about finding a room to rent with the above criteria??? Any help is greatly appreciated!!! Thanks!

JFitz dr

Dec 17, 2009
i have a contact for you

How are you? I have just rented a room in a great apartment in the Santo domingo>>next to the Acropolis Mall in Piantini. The gentleman has a couple of apartments in the city which he rents out rooms to people here on vacation or short term work etc...They are in safe areas with doormen and private parking if you have a car...full maid service internet,cable..a/c. I am really happy thus far. i couldnt afford to rent out an apt like this by myself so its perfect. When are you planning to come specific dates. If you send me your number I will forward that to him so he can call you. I hope that helps

john

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
I would have said it is almost impossible to find a room in a house within the city with natives on a short term basis. This guy above sounds like the best option going, price might be high though. What sis the monthly on these rooms?