Kitesurfing in Bavaro from November to January? Any Kitesurfer around here?

carlosdasilva3

Mar 2, 2011
Hi,

I have recently started KiteSurfing and I plan on doing so when I will be in the DR from November to January. I know Cabrete is known for its KiteBeach and watersports. Although, I was wondering if I could also kitesurf in Bavaro at that time of the year given that I much prefer the pictures of the beaches in Bavaro than in Cabrete (my personal opinion).

So based on your experience, would Bavaro also provide me with exiting winds?

jrjrth

Bronze
Mar 24, 2011
~You will definately get the winds in Bavaro, I have seen many a kitesurfer on the beach....not sure if there are any restrictions for sailing though.....have fun

B-careful sometimes those winds get pretty gusty....you could wind up in Puerto Rico rather quickly....lol

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Playa Blanca in Punta Cana Resort and Club is a top kitesurfing spot in the area.

carlosdasilva3

Mar 2, 2011
Thank you for the feedback. So based on your opinion, Bavaro is equally good as Cabarete when Kitesurfing is concerned?

Or will Cabarete between November and January provide me stronger winds and more windy days?

jrjrth

Bronze
Mar 24, 2011
~I can not attest to wind in Cabarete, however nine times out of ten there is wind in Bavaro.....

carlosdasilva3

Mar 2, 2011
Sounds good! I also emailed a KiteSurf school in Bavaro and they told me it is as windy as Cabrete during those months.

Will now check for real estate prices and places since I was previously focused on Cabrete and Sosua region.

Any recommendation where to look at first? I am seeking a secured beachfront apartment - or very close to the sea.

jrjrth

Bronze
Mar 24, 2011
Sounds good! I also emailed a KiteSurf school in Bavaro and they told me it is as windy as Cabrete during those months.

Will now check for real estate prices and places since I was previously focused on Cabrete and Sosua region.

Any recommendation where to look at first? I am seeking a secured beachfront apartment - or very close to the sea.

Check out Punta Cana Real Estate REMAX Tropical Dominican Republic. Punta Cana Villas, Bavaro Beach Condos. you will find a lot of condos/apartments at the beach and or close to the beach....

carlosdasilva3

Mar 2, 2011
Pricey as i can see... I though Bavaro was cheaper than Cabarete actually. Should I choose a specific location / complex within Bavaro knowing that I wish to Kitesurf often? Being close or on the beach is a requirement since I do not plan on having a car.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
If kitesurfing is your primary motivation, Cabarete is the better choice, especially as costs are lower and getting around without your own transport will be easier.

carlosdasilva3

Mar 2, 2011
Kitesurfing is relevant but I have my girlfriend that loves the white sand beaches of Punta Cana and Bavaro. Therefore I am seeking an intermediate solution for both of us :)