Three generations of Dominican family killed in tragic vehicle accident in the US...

jrjrth

Bronze
Mar 24, 2011
~Just saw this on the news....not sure if anyone knows the family,however I thought it was worth the post. My thoughts and prayers go out to the family, and injured survivors....
WILSON, N.C. ? A New York family returning from Disney World was devastated Saturday evening when women representing three generations were killed in a wreck on Interstate 95 in eastern North Carolina.

Trooper G.G. Barnes of the North Carolina Highway Patrol said early Sunday that a 22-year-old woman, her mother and grandmother were killed when the family's SUV blew a tire on northbound I-95 in Wilson County, the driver lost control and the vehicle overturned.

Barnes identified the victims as Rosanny Marte, 22; Angela Marte, 46; and Rosa Marte, 71. Five other family members in the vehicle ? including the husbands of Angela and Rosa Marte, and Angela's two other children and nephew ? remained hospitalized early Sunday with non-life-threatening injuries. Barnes said the family is from New York City.

Barnes said the two older female victims were not wearing seatbelts and were thrown from the vehicle, which came to rest off the highway.

steelmet

Jun 21, 2007
Been on the news here in NYC .... saw the pictures, and the car was overloaded with too many people and supposedly the tires werent up to snuff...... Had the same thing happen here saturday 8 high school kids in a ford i believe that rolled ...killing 3 or 4

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Been on the news here in NYC .... saw the pictures, and the car was overloaded with too many people and supposedly the tires werent up to snuff...... Had the same thing happen here saturday 8 high school kids in a ford i believe that rolled ...killing 3 or 4

What a pity for that family, my condolences.

The kids died near me, just outside of Atlantic City - 8 boys coming from football practice. Four are dead, 4 in the hospital. One car accident. All of South Jersey in shock.

AE

jrjrth

Bronze
Mar 24, 2011
What a pity for that family, my condolences.

The kids died near me, just outside of Atlantic City - 8 boys coming from football practice. Four are dead, 4 in the hospital. One car accident. All of South Jersey in shock.

AE

~AE, yes its a shame the kids were just going to meet for brunch at their favorite brunch spot in Mays Landing...Mainland HS kids are seeking counciling, very tragic....my neck of the woods too...