Non-Profits in Santiago (PS- Soccer Leagues?)

profetica

Aug 24, 2011
Saludos a todos,

I'm a rising senior at Princeton University who studied abroad in Santiago my Junior fall. I fell in love with the country and am planning on moving down for a year or two after graduating in June of 2012. I'm looking for recommendations of a few Non-Profit organizations I can get involved with when I'm down there. Ideally, ones that focus on youth (education, sports, arts) and community development. I would love to volunteer hands on with the kids but even more it would be great if I could possibly get a more "behind-the-scenes" position as well to see how the whole Non-Profit business works. Any names of organizations and or people to contact would be greatly appreciated!

PS- I'm also curious about soccer leagues down there that I can maybe get involved with coaching for. I played when I studied abroad for Mart? a coach at Colegio de la Salle but never really figured out what that league was called! Eeek!

?Much?simas gracias!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
You probably want to get in touch with UDESA, the Santiago Sports Union. I will see if I can find some numbers or an e-mail addie for you. Send me a PM.

The sports scene in the DR is built on the Olympic pyramid in theory. Clubs, Associations, Federations. Mart? functions at the club level. You probably want to be at the Association level.

Non-profits abound, but you would be well advised if you were to contact them there is the states: CARITAS, Care, Children's International, Rotary, all the churches you can think of have "missions" here.

Get appointed from there so you have something to live on.

Lastly, maybe Peace Corps?

HB

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Real football is the one where you kick the ball, not catch it. I'm a big fan of American football but it NOT real football.

AJL6767

Apr 14, 2011
Everyone is entitled to their opinion. In my football, you kick, catch, pass, run, and hit. To me it is much more real than soccer. In the DR anerican football is surpassing soccer as a sport.