Flights from the UK to DR with her Visa

boniouk

Aug 17, 2010
My Fiance is coming to the UK on a one way flight, with her Fiance Visa, so we can get married legally here in our 6 months visa allowance.

Once married, we are planning to travel back to the DR, as husband and wife, to have a religious ceremony (wedding) for her family.

However, we cant find any way of being able to fly together. I want to use thomson or thomas cook, but they don't allow it, and any other carrier is at least 4x the price. Thomson have said they will only let her use their flights if we book a package holiday, but not if she just wants flights. We have places to stay there so we dont need the hotel. Are they allowed to be select like that? I dont get it but its so frustrating.

Any advice? :S

Ty

hanswulff82

Jan 4, 2010
I take it thomson are a charter company which sells package deals? If so, probably legal.

I would recoment you to check out Condor, they have direct flights from Frankfurt. You could get a round trip for about 600 pounds if you are lucky (and flexible on your dates).

Other options are via Paris(airfrance) or Madrid(iberia), but they are generally more expensive, at least from my country. However, she may need a schengen visa since the UK is not a schengen country.

Third option is via the US, but if she don?t already have a US-visa it?s probably not a good option - probably more expensive when you sum up the visa costs than fly via Europe. A schengen transit visa (if she needs one) is a lot simpler.

Amu

Oct 4, 2010
British Airways has direct flights from London (Gatwick) to Punta Cana.

boniouk

Aug 17, 2010
Thanks for the replies guys. Punta Cana isnt a good option as its far away from her house, and we have an issue around wedding, christmas day, then flying back which would just make it too difficult.

She does however hold a 10 year USA visa....

So I guess AA or Delta is our best option?

Ive checked Condor and they dont have that flight anymore. It ceased last April

HumbleHindu

Jan 14, 2010
Are you sure? We are using CONDOR every week? I heard they changed name as Air Berlin? But not sure about this. But still CONDOR is in service.

boniouk

Aug 17, 2010
Hey sorry my mistake. I was searching with an old carrier who used them. Yes you can get Manchester - Frankfurt - Santiago/Puerto Plata. ?1200+ each though, bit more than the ?500 thomson charge, for thomsons price i could even book a hotel for 2 weeks for ?800ish, and just not use the hotel (we can fly with them if its a package you see). I'll keep looking :)